Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Muttster
macrumors newbie

Can't get Apple TV to work with Harmony Remote

I'm hoping that someone here can help me out as I have spent several hours trying to get my Apple TV to work. I have a Harmon 550 and I have my Apple TV connected to my Harmon Kardon receiver via HDMI. I did all the right setup making sure that the Apple TV was the media center. When I use the remote, it switches my receiver to Media center mode, turns the TV on and to HDMI and I can see the light on the Apple TV. However, I do not see any screen, just a black void. The Apple TV is connected to the internet via ethernet and my powerline system so I assume its getting a signal. I have also tried it out in wireless mode and still, no luck.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated as this is getting very frustrating.
Muttster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:41 PM   #2
thetruth1985
macrumors 6502

Well I can't help you with the black screen but I just set up a 650 and the apple tv would not respond to it until I went into the Harmony menu and hit the unpair button. On the Harmony, just go to the apple tv in the devices menu and hit unpair.
thetruth1985 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2010, 08:52 PM   #3
georgee2face
macrumors member

ALSO, MAKE SURE THAT ITUNES IS RUNNING ON THE COMPUTER. i KNOW IT'S A DUH..JUST TO CHECK
georgee2face is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:35 PM   #4
Muttster
macrumors newbie

Itunes is running and I tried unpairing with no luck. I also tried plugging it in directly to my tv with no luck either. I would assume that if it was working properly, that I would at least get a welcome screen.
Muttster is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater