Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iNtrigued

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Texas
Hey guys....I found this story on iLounge. Sheds new light on white iPhone 4.

According to this guy who has "friends in high places in Apple", they hooked him up with a WHITE iPhone 4. The reason we can't get one yet is because 1.) we don't have those type of "friends in high places" like this guy, and 2.) manufacturers are having trouble matching the home button the same color as the front glass of the iPhone 4.

So what do you guys think? Check out the story below.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/36251/white-iphone-snapped-new-york

http://www.ilounge.com/

troy14

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2008
Las Vegas (Summerlin), NV
Hey guys....I found this story on iLounge. Sheds new light on white iPhone 4.

According to this guy who has "friends in high places in Apple", they hooked him up with a WHITE iPhone 4. The reason we can't get one yet is because 1.) we don't have those type of "friends in high places" like this guy, and 2.) manufacturers are having trouble matching the home button the same color as the front glass of the iPhone 4.

So what do you guys think? Check out the story below.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/36251/white-iphone-snapped-new-york

http://www.ilounge.com/

With all of Apple's resources at disposal it takes 5+ months to match the color of a white home button? :confused::rolleyes:

iNtrigued

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Texas
I know......

With all of Apple's resources at disposal it takes 5+ months to match the color of a white home button? :confused::rolleyes:

I mean, with all this "advanced" technology, who would think matching colors on different type of surfaces would be such a complicated issue.

I'm still waiting for the WHITE version anyway.........hopefully it will be available by the end of the year (just like that carrier Orange or O2 stated. I guess they were right).

I mean.....this year is almost gone in approximately 40 days.......

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004

Time aside, if they didn't match everything perfectly, people would complain. I can see the headlines now....

iNtrigued

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Texas
sorry...did the math wrong....

we actually have 77 days to go. And then....."Happy New Year!"

Will this be enough time for Apple to resolve the WHITE iPhone 4 issue?

I'm waiting anyway.......hopefully they'll give us some type of update on Oct. 20th at their "Back to the Mac" conference.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
1) WHITE is the HARDEST color to match. Period.

2) This isn't news. Everything in those articles was covered months ago.

iNtrigued

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Texas
i agree

True....this isn't "breaking" news.......we've all heard the same thing about issues with color matching. I guess the real "NEWS" here is how this guy states that Apple has a bunch of these WHITE iPhone 4s around and can actually go about and give or sell them to "close" friends.

What is wierd is that after introducing the new iPhone 4 earlier this year, all they used were WHITE models at the display tables.......:confused:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
True....this isn't "breaking" news.......we've all heard the same thing about issues with color matching. I guess the real "NEWS" here is how this guy states that Apple has a bunch of these WHITE iPhone 4s around and can actually go about and give or sell them to "close" friends.

What is wierd is that after introducing the new iPhone 4 earlier this year, all they used were WHITE models at the display tables.......:confused:

It's still not news. Obviously there a ton of phones that were produced that didn't meet specifications. And someone with an inside connection, no surprise can get one. Again - not news. Happens every day.

iNtrigued

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Texas
true.....

It's still not news. Obviously there a ton of phones that were produced that didn't meet specifications. And someone with an inside connection, no surprise can get one. Again - not news. Happens every day.

I wonder when it' gonna happen to us. :rolleyes: :D

iNtrigued

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Texas
exactly...

I guess this news just lets us know that the front and back glass are ready for production. They got those colors synced....now all they need is to sync the home button and it's good to go. Definitely would go into production before the end of the year.

(still waiting for the WHITE iPhone 4):cool: :confused:

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I guess this news just lets us know that the front and back glass are ready for production. They got those colors synced....now all they need is to sync the home button and it's good to go. Definitely would go into production before the end of the year.

(still waiting for the WHITE iPhone 4):cool: :confused:

No - it just means that some people have the white iphone. It doesn't mean the front and back are synced to Apple's specifications. All it means is that there are many white iPhone locked up and Apple and one of their employees threw his friend a bone. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.