Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Oct 15, 2010, 10:47 AM   #1
rainbowizard
macrumors newbie

Uninstall PSElements8 before Installing PSE9?

Relative newbie to Macs. I have researched this topic on this and other forums but don't seem to find a conclusive answer, should I uninstall PS Elements 8 prior to Installing PS Elements 9? Adobe says it is not necessary, but I prefer not to have conflicts on installation and use. Does PSE 9 'overwrite' the PSE 8? If someone with better knowledge of Mac's could assist, I would be grateful. Thanks
27" iMac, Snow Leopard 10.6.4, Quad Core, 8GB
rainbowizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:22 AM   #2
fcortese
macrumors 68000

I would think that installing PSE9 over 8 would be no problem. I am not a PSE user, but I have had several apps with newer updates and installed them over my older version w/o any problems. You might want to wait for a PSE user to respond, however, to be certain.
fcortese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:09 PM   #3
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowizard View Post
Relative newbie to Macs. I have researched this topic on this and other forums but don't seem to find a conclusive answer, should I uninstall PS Elements 8 prior to Installing PS Elements 9? ...
You're making this way too hard. MacOS X applications do not interfere with each other. Multiple versions of a software title coexist as happy as clams. If the installer does not delete the older version of the application, then there is no need for the user to do so. If, however, you want to delete an application, then drag it to the Trash. The major exception is Microsoft Office which requires its included uninstaller utility.

Last edited by MisterMe; Oct 15, 2010 at 04:28 PM.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2010, 02:30 PM   #4
rainbowizard
macrumors newbie

thanks!

Thanks for the guidance MisterMe, you can teach old dogs new tricks!
rainbowizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:09 PM   #5
jbg232
macrumors 65816

I agree that you don't need to worry about it and just install PSE9 but given that you're new to macs here's a general piece of uninstall advice:

Get appzapper and instead of just removing a program by dragging it to trash, use appzapper and really get rid of the program. I've been using it for years and have never had a problem.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography