Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hisdem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
South Florida
Hi all, a while back I posted a thread here about monitors. I was suggested the Dell U2211H, which I looked into and liked very much. However, Dell BR wants around $1000 for it, which is off my budget. So I started looking again, and found this. I read some reviews and it seems to be a good deal, but I wonder if anyone here owns one?

If you have some experience with it, did you like it? Is 1920x1080 enough resolution for that screen size? I got used to not seeing pixels on my MBP screen :eek:

Also, if you considered this monitor, but bought another one, why did you do so and which monitor did you prefer?

Thanks in advance ;)

mct74

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
I spent the past week researching this monitor and others like it. From what I have read, the PX2370 is the way to go as far as 23" LED panels. Mine should arrive from Amazon on Wed so I can let you know then.

I also looked at the XL2370 (the previous version). Some reviews gave it higher marks, but others gave the nod to the PX2370. I went with the PX2370 since it was the newer model that supposedly improved on the XM2370.

I also checked out the LG E2350V which apparently is a clone of the PX2370. An excellent review can be found here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/lg-flatron-e2350v/4505-3174_7-34083320.html

maccritters

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2008
i just got a samsung px2370 connect to imac 27" via mini display port - hdmi.
but i don't get max. res on new samsung monitor. 1600x900 is max. any idea how to fix this? is this monitor not good with mac?

Gnomecircle

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2011
Montreal
I am running the PX2370 off of my Mac Pro and it is running at max resolution. I also ran it as a second monitor off my old MBP, and it was also running at max resolution.

It is a GREAT monitor. I absolutely love it.

If you can't adjust the settings in System preferences it might be a video card problem... don't know if that's normal or not though. Make sure you don't have mirroring on also. As the second monitor will default to the max of the imac resolution.

acgeorge

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2008
connecting PX2370 to Mac Mini

I just replaced my old Dell PC with a Mac Mini and the Samsung PX2370 (that i've had) connects fine but it doesnt seem to be optimized for the Mac. I have the resolution set at 1080p and the icons, pictures and video look great but text, menu bar headings etc all look very grainy. Almost like CRT quality. I checked and there are no Samsung drivers for this monitor for Mac. Anyone have a solution?

When I click "detect displays" nothing seems to happen. No where under Settings does it list the monitor as being detected. thanks

GIWonder73

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2011
Fix for blurry text

I just replaced my old Dell PC with a Mac Mini and the Samsung PX2370 (that i've had) connects fine but it doesnt seem to be optimized for the Mac. I have the resolution set at 1080p and the icons, pictures and video look great but text, menu bar headings etc all look very grainy. Almost like CRT quality. I checked and there are no Samsung drivers for this monitor for Mac. Anyone have a solution?

When I click "detect displays" nothing seems to happen. No where under Settings does it list the monitor as being detected. thanks

I had this same problem, and when it was in 1080p I also had to underscan to make it fit on the screen (it was blurry either way). I fixed it by changing the monitor settings (Menu->Size & Position->Image Size) to "Screen Fit" instead of 16:9.

yamaturkey

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2011
I had this same problem, and when it was in 1080p I also had to underscan to make it fit on the screen (it was blurry either way). I fixed it by changing the monitor settings (Menu->Size & Position->Image Size) to "Screen Fit" instead of 16:9.

thank you so much!!! it works!!!!!!!!

exile29

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2011
thank you so much!!! it works!!!!!!!!

Hi I just bought this monitor and connected it to my 2008 aluminum unibody macbook via HDMI. Is there anything I need to do in order to optimize settings? Changing sharpness levels and etc? I did the fit screen changes talked about but I feel like text is still grainy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

MacUser12334

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2011
PX2370 monitor use with MacBoook Pro

I had a hard time finding the solution, but now I have it! In order to use the Samsung PX2370 as an only monitor that shows exactly what is on the laptop, do the following:
1) Power up and set it to its native resolution 1920X1080, 60Hz (it comes from the factory with that as the default)
2) Connect it to the laptop that is already powered, with a DVI cable
3) Close your laptop and let it go to sleep (blinking light in front)
4) Hit any key on the external keyboard (I am using an Apple keyboard that is linked to the MacBook Pro with Bluetooth)
5) The laptop wakes up and the monitor takes over and shows exactly what you would see on the laptop screen, but with the added benefit that it has a higher resolution (1920X1080 vs. MacBook Pros's 1440X900.
QED

The Samsung folks did not know about this and could not help me with it. Amazing!
I benefited from the following link: http://www.livingdigitally.net/2006/10/using_an_extern.html

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.