Modify function key behavior (AppleScript?) - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:49 PM   #1
drizzler
macrumors newbie

Modify function key behavior (AppleScript?)

I use Safari and Firefox, but I rarely have both of them running at the same time. I would like to press a function key (say, F1) and have the system switch to whichever browser happens to be running and bring it to the front. Is this possible, perhaps with AppleScript?

I currently have F1 assigned to Safari and F2 to Firefox (via DragThing), and it works as long as I remember which browser is running. But too often I press the wrong function key and then the other browser launches, which is not what I want.
drizzler is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming