Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeffcbergeron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Have an apple tv 160 gb. Recently can't afford internet connection. Bought a new movie off of itunes but can't sync it with my apple tv but itunes won't let it sync because its requiring the internet connection. Anyone have any ideas or work arounds? Appreciate any help from anyone.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Omne666

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Only thing I can suggest is if you know anyone with a mobile dongle....plug it in for the brief moment it needs Internet,, sync it across, then give the dongle back.

Sorry....that's my 2cents worth.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
you don't need internet to sync. you can use an ad hoc connection or just ethernet directly from computer to atv.

jeffcbergeron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Not sure ill be able to locate anyone with a mobile dongle, cuz of where I live. Lol.
I can sync all my other videos, just the one I purchased. I can only figure its some way for apple to stop movie piracy. Anyway, guess I'm scewed till I get my internet back again. Unless anyone knows of any work arounds.

Tried to stream it yesterday, but can't c the box to number the stream in itunes. Weird.
Any help wud b appreciated.
Thx,

J

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.