Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hi.

I am wondering if this is possible. Google Calendar has the feature to add "interesting calendars" to yours, such as "US Holidays" and sport events. I've added "US Holidays" to my Google calendar. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to sync with iPhone by default. I would like to know if there's a way to have such interesting calendars show up on the iPhone.

FYI I use iPhone's Exchange feature to sync Google mail and calendar. I've tried IMAP too, to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your help.

kopite19

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2010
I've been trying this as I wanted my football teams fixtures synched to my phone. Everything I tried has failed. Setting up via Exchange, imap and synching via m.google.com/sync only syncs my own calender and not the "other".
A guide I read talked about going into the settings of the other calender and looking for an iCal link and importing it into iCal, but there's no such link within these "Other" calenders...so I'm not sure it can be done.

I've now found a similar calender on iCalshare.com (here's a link to the US Holidays - http://icalshare.com/calendars/7) which may help.

samh

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2009
Hi.

I am wondering if this is possible. Google Calendar has the feature to add "interesting calendars" to yours, such as "US Holidays" and sport events. I've added "US Holidays" to my Google calendar. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to sync with iPhone by default. I would like to know if there's a way to have such interesting calendars show up on the iPhone.

FYI I use iPhone's Exchange feature to sync Google mail and calendar. I've tried IMAP too, to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't believe Google's sync API allows for these "other" calendars to sync.

siufai

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2008
Setup gmail as an exchange account on the iPhone and check Calendar
Open Safari on the iPhone
Go to m.google.com/sync
Select your device
Check the box next to the Calendars you want to sync to the phone and then click Save.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I would recommend Pocket Informant. The free version sync with all my calendars.
For some reason I just can't access m.google.com/sync. It said my new iPT is not a compatible device.

mmgonella

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2013
How to sync googles 'interesting calendars'

I was able to sync the 'moon phase calendar' on my iphone which found in Google's interesting calendar's, by going to google.com/calendar/syncselect. I'm happy with that.

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
Here's how to add US Holidays to your stock Calendar on iPhone. There's 32 days, including Tax Day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 83
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.