Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:17 AM   #1
Cave Man
macrumors 604

Location: Neander Valley, Germany; just outside of Duesseldorf
Fairmount + Handbrake = Slow

I think I'm missing something about Fairmount. I put a DVD in and launched Fairmount. It mounted the virtual disc but when I launched HB and started it, it took a while to read it. This was last night. It's still transcoding 8 hour later with an estimated 15 hours remaining. Surely this works faster with the proper settings?
Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:27 AM   #2
spinnerlys

Maybe you have a slow CD/DVD drive? Or have you ripped the DVD onto your HDD and then used Handbrake to transcode the video, otherwise I don't see why you would use FairMount, as Handbrake (+ VLC) is fully capable of "ripping" DVDs without ripping software.

How to backup/copy/rip video DVDs to your HDD and transcode them to another format.

How-To:Automating DVD & Blu-Ray (Backup, Encoding & Tagging) for Mac OS X 10.6
spinnerlys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Cave Man
macrumors 604

Location: Neander Valley, Germany; just outside of Duesseldorf
Yup, I was missing something. Seems that with Fairmount running it must compete with HB. I quite FM and HB is now running just fine. Thanks for the info.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater