Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 16, 2010, 05:30 PM   #1
staplerz
macrumors newbie

PAGES Single spaced quote within double spaced document impossible!?

Hello,

I am writing a paper now and I am about to go crazy. My whole document is double spaced and I just inserted a quote which is fairly long so I would like to single space just the quote. When I go into inspector to change just the quote spacing it changes the whole document to single spacing, not just the selected quote.

Hopefully you guys will be able to help me out!

Regards,
Mark
staplerz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 05:37 PM   #2
Matthew Yohe
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Yohe
Uhm, you're doing something wrong.

I just set my document to double spacing (by the menubar pulldown on the right, just to the right of the justification buttons) and then I selected some text, and set that text using that same pulldown, to 1, and it's fine.
Matthew Yohe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 05:37 PM   #3
spinnerlys

Use Pages > Menu Bar > Insert > Text Box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Yohe View Post
Uhm, you're doing something wrong.

I just set my document to double spacing (by the menubar pulldown on the right, just to the right of the justification buttons) and then I selected some text, and set that text using that same pulldown, to 1, and it's fine.
I tried that too, but I had the same problem as the OP, though I remember it worked before (a year ago or so).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesarm97 View Post
I just typed a bunch of lines in pages 9 double spaced, then pressed enter and did a couple lines of a quote. Highlighted the quote and set it to 1.0 on the line spacing and it took it.

edit: you do have to have the quote on a new line or all of the previous paragraph will be set to the same line spacing. Usually you would have the quote on a line by itself anyway according to what you are trying to do.
Hmm, now it works for me too. Strange.

Last edited by spinnerlys; Oct 16, 2010 at 05:46 PM.
spinnerlys is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 05:40 PM   #4
jamesarm97
macrumors 6502a

I just typed a bunch of lines in pages 9 double spaced, then pressed enter and did a couple lines of a quote. Highlighted the quote and set it to 1.0 on the line spacing and it took it.

edit: you do have to have the quote on a new line or all of the previous paragraph will be set to the same line spacing. Usually you would have the quote on a line by itself anyway according to what you are trying to do.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 05:47 PM   #5
Matthew Yohe
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to Matthew Yohe

Open a new document and test it out there. Not sure what you're doing wrong...
Matthew Yohe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:12 PM   #6
staplerz
macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thanks everyone! It looks like you guys helped me out! The problem was that I was trying to keep the quote within the same paragraph thus making the whole paragraph single spaced. I put the quote on a new line and then single spaced it with ease. Thank again!
staplerz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store