Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Oct 16, 2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Dhelsdon
macrumors 65816

Jelly Belly Scented iPhone 4 Case

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So I was in the mall today, and I went into the showcase store to buy a magic bullet, and I saw these..

They are scented, and come in various colours - red is cherry, green apple and you guessed it blue - berry.

I love the case, and the smell! The fitment is so so. I am using a cheapy screen protector off eBay(6 for 2$) and this case slightly caused some bubbling around the edges but I can't speak for the high quality protectors. As far as the fit goes, it resembles the pixelskin hd.

I posted this thread cause I have never ever seen a scented case before and I thought it was really cool. Let me know your thoughts on this, feel free to ask any questions I will do my best to answer them

Also I will post pics of it actually on my iPhone really soon.

Last edited by Dhelsdon; Oct 16, 2010 at 11:19 PM.
Dhelsdon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2010, 11:20 PM   #2
prezasti
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhelsdon View Post
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So I was in the mall today, and I went into the showcase store to buy a magic bullet, and I saw these..

[img]http://img267.imageshack.us/i/imageigh.jpg/[\img]

They are scented, and come in various colours - red is cherry, green apple and you guessed it blue - berry.

I love the case, and the smell! The fitment is so so. I am using a cheapy screen protector off eBay(6 for 2$) and this case slightly caused some bubbling around the edges but I can't speak for the high quality protectors. As far as the fit goes, it resembles the pixelskin hd.

I posted this thread cause I have never ever seen a scented case before and I thought it was really cool. Let me know your thoughts on this, feel free to ask any questions I will do my best to answer them

Also I will post pics of it actually on my iPhone really soon.
I saw these cases awhile back, but I'm still a bit concerned about the scenting. I'm not sure if the scent will come off on everything the phone comes in contact with like my pants pockets or my desk or if the phone will smell strange long after the case is gone. How do you think the scent is effecting your phone and daily use?
prezasti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2010, 02:41 AM   #3
chanerz
macrumors 6502a

i'll pass on this idea.
chanerz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2010, 03:03 AM   #4
robanga
macrumors 68000

You should be able to mix two different cases and make a "Root beer Float" or something.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 01:01 PM   #5
Dhelsdon
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by prezasti View Post
I saw these cases awhile back, but I'm still a bit concerned about the scenting. I'm not sure if the scent will come off on everything the phone comes in contact with like my pants pockets or my desk or if the phone will smell strange long after the case is gone. How do you think the scent is effecting your phone and daily use?
I am also slightly worried of this too although the only thing I've noticed is that the scent does seem to "rub-off" on my fingers, but other then that there are no obvious signs of it effecting my phone in any way. I have had it on for three days now, so I plan on switching cases today just to see if the scent does "rub-off" on the phone.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 06:26 PM   #6
sailmac
macrumors regular

Many compounds in fragrance are human toxins...

...Fragrances are a form of second-hand pollution. The decision to use fragrance can impact people (and environments) you may never meet or know.
sailmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:47 PM   #7
Sweetbike40
macrumors 65816

I love Jelly Belly candy but this case is just silly
iPhone 4
Sweetbike40 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories