Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 18, 2010, 01:07 PM   #1
PiratePoobah
macrumors newbie

Pages will not open.

When I try to open Pages, I get the spinning ball, then quits. Pages will open if I click on an existing Pages file, but will quit if I try to make a new file. I repaired permissions and reinstalled iWorks '09. Nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?
PiratePoobah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2010, 07:16 PM   #2
PeggyD
macrumors 6502a

Have you tried opening Pages & creating a new document in another user? If you do & it works in the other account, the problem is most likely a corrupt preference file. Reinstalling will not fix problems with preference files. Go to HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences, delete the com.apple.iwork.pages.plist, empty the Trash & then restart Pages.
PeggyD is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store