Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Oct 19, 2010, 05:17 PM   #1
lynkynpark86
macrumors 6502

Location: Maine, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe
Need help with applesript for airport

I know this sounds trivial, but I could not find a reasonable answer online. How can I create an applescript to toggle the Airport Wifi connection. I found everything from shell scripts to automator "Watch Me" actions, but nothing works. Please help me with this.
lynkynpark86 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:07 PM   #2
chown33
macrumors 603

I don't know a way to do this entirely in AppleScript.

However, the 'networksetup' command can turn Airport (i.e. WiFi) off and on, and also return its current on/off state. So based on that, it's definitely possible to make a shell script that can toggle Airport.

But you already said you've seen shell scripts and they didn't work. So post the URL of a shell script that didn't work, and I can take a look.

You should also describe what you mean by "didn't work". "Didn't work" provides nothing useful, because there are millions of ways something can not work. If you were diagnosing an automobile problem, "didn't work" could mean anything from "the key won't fit in the ignition" to "the engine exploded".

Describe what you expected to happen, then describe what actually did happen, including the exact text of any error messages.

Also identify your OS version and what Mac model you're running. This is necessary because networksetup resides in different places on different OS versions, or doesn't exist at all in some cases.
chown33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming