Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:50 AM   #1
Killerbob
macrumors 6502a

iTunes show Apps update, but there is none...

Hi,

In iTunes I get the indication that there is an update to an App, in the left side there is the "1", but when I select "1 Update Available", I get the message "No updates available. Check again later."

I have checked in App Store using my iPhones, and my iPad, and there is nothing available. I tried AppleCare, but they couldn't sort it out.

Also, if there actually is something available, the number increases and I can see the updates, except for the "last one".

Any suggestions?

KB
Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:55 AM   #2
tamasvarga67
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbob;
Hi,

In iTunes I get the indication that there is an update to an App, in the left side there is the "1", but when I select "1 Update Available", I get the message "No updates available. Check again later."

I have checked in App Store using my iPhones, and my iPad, and there is nothing available. I tried AppleCare, but they couldn't sort it out.

Also, if there actually is something available, the number increases and I can see the updates, except for the "last one".

Any suggestions?

KB
It happens when you have apps from different iTunes Store accounts. The "update counter" in iTunes will show the number of available updates for all apps regardless the account they are linked to but when you "check for available updates" it will only show for the apps linked to the account which you are currently logged in to.
You need to log out and log in with the other account and you'll be able to download the update(s) for the apps linked to that account.

The iPhone/iPad update counter works differently than iTunes's they will only show the number of updates for the currently logged in iTunes Store account.
tamasvarga67 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Killerbob
macrumors 6502a

Nope, I have only used one iTunes account, ever. The only thing I can think of is that I switched from the Swiss store to the Danish store, but I have plenty of Apps that transferred fine.

KB

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store