Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 20, 2010, 10:06 PM   #1
pmer
macrumors newbie

Adding drop-down menu in Numbers

I am attempting to modify the given template CHECKING ACCOUNT REGISTER in Numbers. I have figured everything out except how to modify the "Category" column where a drop-down menu is given for several recurring items (Home/Gas/Food/etc.) that are to be entered in that column.

I would like to find how to create such a column or to be able to modify the one provided in the template.

The TRANSACTIONS table is linked to the ACCOUNT CATEGORIES table which is linked to the CHART. That is intact and working as it should, but I have been unable to alter the column CATEGORY so that the drop down items will be ones that I want to use. Having the drop-down menu insures proper itemization in the linked ACCOUNT CATEGORIES table where typos are avoided as a result.

The PDF manual was of little help (to me anyway) in addressing this seemingly simple alteration.
pmer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2010, 04:02 PM   #2
pmer
macrumors newbie

Found The Answer

In case anyone else has the same difficulty I found the solution and it is very easy.

Use "INSPECTOR", click "SPELL INSPECTOR" (box w/#42 in it), then let intuition take over. You have the option of the normal percentage, currency and so on, then lower down there is an option for "POP-UP MENU." Take it from there, you can change the existing pop-ups (double click) or add new ones or delete existing ones by hitting the + or - below.

One caution, if you are using this particular template, when entering new items in the ACCOUNT CATEGORIES table make sure the formulas in the "B" column are stated properly (matching cell item that you want to record). Also when typing your items for the drop-down menu make sure that they are typed exactly as written in the ACCOUNT CATEGORIES table.
pmer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 03:17 PM   #3
basie1955
macrumors newbie

What a relief

Thank You! Could not figure it out. What do you mean by 'formulas in the B column?

base
basie1955 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store