Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nateh805

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Hi all,

So I have had my ATV2 for about a week and a half with no problem whatsoever. Then all of a sudden I got an error while starting a movie something to the effect of Netflix cannot be reached (error 112). Googled and found an easy fix of basically unplugging the ATV2 to reset it. Worked fine. However I am not getting an intermittent error simply stating Netflix is Unavailable, check back later. Though I get the error I can still access Netflix I basically just have to keep trying. I was just wondering how many others are experiencing these same issues?

Cheers!

amcoffin

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Having the same problem...Netflix has been working fine since I received the AppleTV, but today I'm intermittently getting a "Netflix cannot be reached. Please try again later." message.

I also unplugged the AppleTV, and that only fixed the problem temporarily. Hopefully, if this is something others are experience, it's a problem that Apple and Netflix will sort out quickly.

(BTW, I have other devices that stream Netflix, such as an Xbox 360 and Sony Blu-ray player, and they are working fine. Other AppleTV features are also working fine, so this seems to be a problem specific to the AppleTV and Netflix.)

aduteau

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2007
I got major issues too of not being able to login to Netflix ....
then when we finally logged in ... the Loading time of movies was just unacceptable ...

The PS3 version of Netflix loads movies much much faster then AppleTVs version .... Whats up with that ...

Even my ipad loads them much faster

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
My ATV2 was having a few hiccups streaming a movie last night, but I just figured it may have been issues w/ my internet since I had a lot of devices hooked up to it last night

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
It was Netflix.... I just got the following email from them (unsolicited too)

We're sorry you may have had trouble watching instantly

Dear Jeff,

Yesterday, you may have had trouble instantly watching TV episodes or movies due to technical issues.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. If you attempted and were unable to instantly watch TV episodes or movies yesterday, click on this account specific link in the next 7 days to apply your 2% credit to your next billing statement. Credit can only be applied once.

Ready to start watching again? Check out our latest selection.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding. If you need further assistance, please call us at 1-866-923-0898.

-The Netflix Team

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States
Am I the only one having this error message today while loading movies?

"An error occurred loading this content. Try again later"

I called Netflix customer service but she told me this would be only my issue. All other features work fine including iTunes store, youTube, podcasts, home sharing. I unplugged and reset Apple TV but it did not fix this issue. :(

HellToupee

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2009
It was Netflix.... I just got the following email from them (unsolicited too)

Thats strange I was offered 3%
Yesterday, you may have had trouble instantly watching TV episodes or movies due to technical issues.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused. If you attempted and were unable to instantly watch TV episodes or movies yesterday, click on this account specific link in the next 7 days to apply your 3% credit to your next billing statement. Credit can only be applied once.

Ready to start watching again? Check out our latest selection.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding. If you need further assistance, please call us at 1-866-923-0898.

realeric

macrumors 65816
Jun 19, 2009
United States
Am I the only one having this error message today while loading movies?

"An error occurred loading this content. Try again later"

I called Netflix customer service but she told me this would be only my issue. All other features work fine including iTunes store, youTube, podcasts, home sharing. I unplugged and reset Apple TV but it did not fix this issue. :(

Fixed. I disabled 'No DNS Rebind' option in my router. I'm using dd-wrt open source firmware.

liquidsuns

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
So I was having a problem with Netflix that I haven't seen mentioned on this thread but seems to be common on the ATV support forum. I had a couple movies this morning just stop streaming after like five seconds and just kick back to the movie menu. So I did some research and tried ten random movies to see what would happen. Note that I have no problems with Netflix on my iMac, xbox, iPad, or iPhone. I'm only on a 1.5mbps connection, but like I said, never had any problems before.

Taking my ten random streams had eight work totally fine. The stream started within ten seconds and the PQ was great (relatively speaking). One movie did the stopping after a few seconds and on one other movie I got an actual error (112). So in total, since getting my ATV, I've successfully streamed ten movies, got one error, and had three streams drop.

For the stream drops, I can't go back later and watch them, they never work. If i try to 'resume' it takes me to the end of the video and drops, if I 'start at beginning', the little timing bar pops up and it just sits there doing nothing. Also, two of the three stream drops were tv shows and other episodes in the show's same season work fine.

So I obviously have no solution but most movies work fine and, occurding to some posters on the official borads, both Apple and Netflix are aware of the error 112 and the stream drops and are working on a solution.

As a side not, yesterday I too received the Netflix email this morning about apologizing for problems and giving me a 2% refund.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
The error code: M7111-1931-404 is a concern that you might find while watching Netflix videos. That will happen on your desktop, smart TV, or mobile phone. The mistake arrives with the notification “an unexpected error has occurred.” Reload the tab, sorry, then try again. This error can be fixed by clearing the cookies from the browser.
This thread has been inactive for 10+ years. Doubtful your information is useful anymore to the OP, he hasn't been on the forum since the original post..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.