Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Oct 21, 2010, 04:30 PM   #1
Sammio2
macrumors regular

Mission Control & Multiple Displays

Anyone else curious as to how this would work?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 04:42 PM   #2
bristleworm
macrumors 6502

Send a message via ICQ to bristleworm Send a message via Yahoo to bristleworm
Good question.
My first idea was, that as most users with two screens have them aligned horizontally next to each other, MC could simply be "extended" to the two screens, or just show up on the main screen, and show something like "the last active screen" on the other one…
Old Oct 22, 2010, 06:54 AM   #3
Sammio2
macrumors regular

Yeah, its interesting.

I mean, as far as displaying it, they could do what they currently do with expose, and treat each screen separately, but they seem to be taking the idea of gestural controls as a separate input to the mouse cursor.

So it seems like although they could treat it separately and simply activate the gestures from whichever screen the cursor was currently on. I don't think they want to do this. They seem to be tying these gestures into the core OS rather than having them as an attchment to the pointer.

I'll be interested to see how they get around this issue. And also, I really REALLY hope they introduce a dual screen menu bar system!!
Old Oct 25, 2010, 04:29 AM   #4
rekhyt
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammio2 View Post
Yeah, its interesting.

I mean, as far as displaying it, they could do what they currently do with expose, and treat each screen separately, but they seem to be taking the idea of gestural controls as a separate input to the mouse cursor.

So it seems like although they could treat it separately and simply activate the gestures from whichever screen the cursor was currently on. I don't think they want to do this. They seem to be tying these gestures into the core OS rather than having them as an attchment to the pointer.

I'll be interested to see how they get around this issue. And also, I really REALLY hope they introduce a dual screen menu bar system!!
Nope nope-Dual screen menubar would be bad. ... Are you going to suggest dual docks for dual screens next?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 06:45 AM   #5
Frosties
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammio2 View Post
I really REALLY hope they introduce a dual screen menu bar system!!
Have you tried SecondBar?

Thumb resize.
Frosties is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2010, 04:49 PM   #6
lythium
macrumors member

I envision it working the same way expose does now. Only on the main screen. Everything else gets darkened.

I just hope they find a better name before release. "Mission Control" sounds too... "space adventure boy".
AppleTV
lythium is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion