Powersupport Anti Glare vs RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:02 PM   #1
whocaresit
macrumors 6502a

Arrow Powersupport Anti Glare vs RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare

Until now, I've never realized the need for an anti glare film for the iPad, until I took it to a class room.

I have narrowed down the anti-glare choices down to 2:

RadTech ClearCal AntiGlare:
http://www.radtech.us/Products/clear...play-film.aspx

Powersupport AntiGlare:
http://www.powersupportusa.com/acces...-film-set.html

Anyone have either of these and want to give out some advice please?

To me, Screen quality / clear-visibility is of utmost importance than glare reduction properties.

Last edited by whocaresit; Oct 21, 2010 at 08:08 PM.
whocaresit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 04:10 PM   #2
b.c.
macrumors 6502

I have the PS AG protector on my iPad and really like it.

I find the visibility to be perfectly fine, but of course due to the AG surface it's not as absolutely sharp as without. but for me it's not an issue at all. my usage of the iPad includes watching videos, and storing/reviewing my photos while on the road. (I'll also say that I prefer my MacBook Pro with antiglare screen over the glossy version, too)

if visibility is the most important to you, I assume you know there's also a PS Crystal Film version? or is antiglare essential for you?

BTW, I have used both AG and crystal versions of PS protectors on various other devices - several iPhones & iPod touches, so I'm familiar with both types of PS films (some other brands too). because of the large size of the iPad screen, if I were to do it again I would still choose the PS AG film. the ease of perfect installation with the PS films is also a big plus for me. hope this info helps.
b.c. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2010, 08:30 PM   #3
whocaresit
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.c. View Post
I have the PS AG protector on my iPad and really like it.

I find the visibility to be perfectly fine, but of course due to the AG surface it's not as absolutely sharp as without. but for me it's not an issue at all. my usage of the iPad includes watching videos, and storing/reviewing my photos while on the road. (I'll also say that I prefer my MacBook Pro with antiglare screen over the glossy version, too)

if visibility is the most important to you, I assume you know there's also a PS Crystal Film version? or is antiglare essential for you?

BTW, I have used both AG and crystal versions of PS protectors on various other devices - several iPhones & iPod touches, so I'm familiar with both types of PS films (some other brands too). because of the large size of the iPad screen, if I were to do it again I would still choose the PS AG film. the ease of perfect installation with the PS films is also a big plus for me. hope this info helps.
Can you please share some up-close pics showing text with & without the PowerSupport AntiGlare film?
iPhone camera's resolution is fine

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories