Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Hello peoples,

I have some MS word documents on my MacBook (intel) that I'd like to transfer to my white iBook. I tried plugging an enternal HD into the iBook (that HD contained the docs) but the iBook said that the HD wasn't compatible with it. So I went back on my MacBook and transfered the files from the HD to a memory stick. However when I plugged that in and tried to open the files, MS word opened but the file did not :(

•The word files are Word 2007 and on the iBook is an older OS9 version of Word. The iBook has Mac OSX panther on it, but the MS word opens in "classic mode".

Any ideas on how I can get the docs to open on the iBook?

Cheers! :green:

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Can you save the documents in Word 2007 (isn't that the Windows version) in an older format compatible with the version of word you have on your iBook?
Have you Word 98 or Word 2001 on your iBook?

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Holon' here, I made a mistake. The documents are from my old imac (that died). My new MacBook has Pages, not MS word. The documents open fine in Pages. Oh, and I have word 2001 on my iBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.