Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:27 AM   #1
flyingkite
macrumors newbie

Bloated and "Internet connection required" app

I am not sure if someone covered this before.

A lot of the apps I download requires Internet connection to used. To me it is a huge problem as I do not have access to the net all the time (traveling on public transport). I understand they might need it for data updates, etc. Why can't they programmer it in a way to upload the data when I next have wifi access. Without wifi/net the app refused to launched - even for games.

The the problem I have is the insane amount of file size and meaningless empty apps we have to download in order to "download" some more. Wired magazine is a very good example. You have to download a large application. Then in order to view it's first free magazine. It's another few hundred megabytes. Same with a lot of "free" magazine. I know it's subscription based. But I think they should start to rethink how they want to do it.

The free magazine apps are basically useless shell for one to buy the subscriptions. I would rather they not used the word free app. As there is nothing free about it.

And have app that needs wifi connection made know in the app store before I download.saves me time downloading things I cannot use or read.

I hope developers keep in mind before developing apps.
flyingkite is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps