Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Oct 24, 2010, 03:41 AM   #1
guitarnerd
macrumors newbie

Recommendations needed for apps

Hi all. I am getting an iPad soon. However, being an iPhone user, I do not know which are the apps that are actually useful. I don't mind paying for it if it's good. Here are the following apps that I need:
1) Note taking app (Both typing and handwritten)
2) Movie app (There are too many and most require payment but I do not know which are the ones that are worth the money)
3) Drawing app
4) Books app (Is iBooks really the best? I know there are other options like Kindle and some others but which is the best in terms of price and range of books)

Thanks in advance!
guitarnerd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 01:05 PM   #2
mgipe
macrumors Demi-God

1. First choice : Notetaker HD
Penultimate choice : Penultimate

2. VLC

3. Depends on what you want to do. Take a look at: ArtStudio, iDraw, Sketchbook

4. In order of preference: iBooks, Kindle, Nook. You will need to get all three anyway. iBooks has the best user experience, Kindle the best book selection.

Enjoy!
mgipe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2010, 03:29 PM   #3
MsMerryMac
macrumors regular

1. Hands down...Notes Plus.

2. Don't know.

3. iDraw or Sketchbook.

4. iBooks and Kindle. iBooks look great but are too expensive - about five bucks more per than Kindle. Kindle has a great selection too, so I rely on Kindle app a lot more than iBooks.
MsMerryMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps