Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Hi I'm having some trouble with 2 products from autodesk on my mac.

After installing the product it didnt work so I deleted all the files I could find for it and tried reinstalling and now it doesnt reinstall (error in installation).
Same with Mudbox...
How can I uninstall them completely?

Mac os x snow leopard - Thanks!
Luke.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Ack! Some programs require you to use their uninstaller (Autodesk does and so does Adobe).

You can try just recovering the application from Time Machine (if you have it set up) thats how I solved my issue with Adobe, or you can try grabbing AppCleaner (free) and dragging any autodesk folder you can find (probably in your library folder somewhere) into it and see if it gets rid of the preference files.

Hopefully someone with this same problem can chime in with more help.

brucem91

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2009
i've had no problem with purging autodesk applications in the past the manual way on the mac *until* Maya 2011 SP1 came out. Not sure, you might want to try and use the autodesk uninstaller.

LERsince1991

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
UK
I think my HD was currupt and disk utility couldn't repair it so I've done a fresh install of snow leopard, everything runs smooth again :D and installed properly
cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.