Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
ultrasn0w works great on my iphone 4 on 1.59.00 in Europe (on 4.0.1 with jailbreakme and now 4.1 with limera1n and preserved 1.59.00 baseband).

But if I'm on an international train that goes around the country side, where there are big holes of not having service, sometimes the phone will get stuck in "no service" Airplane mode on and off won't help it or it'll sometimes get stuck on that 1 bar of signal without showing the service provider then it will say sim error if I flick airplane mode back and forth.

AFAIK, it's happened on both 4.0.1 and 4.1.

Otherwise, if I'm just in an area that has no service occasionally (not a drought of service), it works amazingly. And a reboot always fixes these problems.

But, anyone else? Just curious :)

Not the end of the world, and when I'm in the states, I don't need the unlock as I'm on AT&T but I still would like to know about it for clarification.

Also, I didn't hactivate it. When I upgraded to 4.1, I had my AT&T sim in and it said phone activated and I could navigate around the home menu before I used limera1n to jailbreak and eventually ultrasn0w to unlock.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
ultrasn0w works great on my iphone 4 on 1.59.00 in Europe (on 4.0.1 with jailbreakme and now 4.1 with limera1n and preserved 1.59.00 baseband).

But if I'm on an international train that goes around the country side, where there are big holes of not having service, sometimes the phone will get stuck in "no service" Airplane mode on and off won't help it or it'll sometimes get stuck on that 1 bar of signal without showing the service provider then it will say sim error if I flick airplane mode back and forth.

AFAIK, it's happened on both 4.0.1 and 4.1.

Otherwise, if I'm just in an area that has no service occasionally (not a drought of service), it works amazingly. And a reboot always fixes these problems.

But, anyone else? Just curious :)

Not the end of the world, and when I'm in the states, I don't need the unlock as I'm on AT&T but I still would like to know about it for clarification.

Also, I didn't hactivate it. When I upgraded to 4.1, I had my AT&T sim in and it said phone activated and I could navigate around the home menu before I used limera1n to jailbreak and eventually ultrasn0w to unlock.

I had an identical problem running on T-mobile in the US and solved it by restoring the firmware, setting up as new and then re-jailbreaking and unlocking.

vratnik

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2009
no solution. Same here, and sometimes i need to reboot many times to get signal back. I am considering permanent unlock for 90 GBP.

Ikharo

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
The same error

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 4

The first one was the iOS 4.1 and baseband 01.59, I always do the same thing, I restore my iPhone with original carrier (Movistar) then apply jailbreak and install ultrasnow, change the SIM (iusacell), works fine but suddenly "no service", sometimes i must reboot device *2 or 3 times for the signal back

Now i do * same, I update iOS 4.2.1 and preserve baseband 01.59 (for unlock) the i install ultrasnow and the same thing happens, suddenly "no service"*

Anyone can help me ?

I read about this and found something like this **

SIM status: KCTSIMSupportSIMStatusReady*

This line i extract from my log is part of the error for this discussion*

Help me please

eddahlen

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2010
Eugene, OR
I am having the same problem with my iPhone 4

The first one was the iOS 4.1 and baseband 01.59, I always do the same thing, I restore my iPhone with original carrier (Movistar) then apply jailbreak and install ultrasnow, change the SIM (iusacell), works fine but suddenly "no service", sometimes i must reboot device *2 or 3 times for the signal back

Now i do * same, I update iOS 4.2.1 and preserve baseband 01.59 (for unlock) the i install ultrasnow and the same thing happens, suddenly "no service"*

Anyone can help me ?

I read about this and found something like this **

SIM status: KCTSIMSupportSIMStatusReady*

This line i extract from my log is part of the error for this discussion*

Help me please

Whenever this happens to me I turn Airplane Mode: On, Reboot, Airplane Mode: Off

Last edited:

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Whenever this happens to me I turn Airplane Mode: On, Reboot, Airplane Mode: Off

This is happening to me but I'm using my iPhone 4 with AT&T. Somedays my iPhone will just go insane and I need to reboot it every 15 minutes to get service.

Airplane mode on/off wouldn't even work.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I've read that only switching out the iPhone can be done. It has something to do with the sim tray part of the iPhone.

Ikharo

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
new discovery

I restored my iphone with 4.2.1 iOS and BaseBand 01.59, because every 15 minutes, I had to reboot the phone to get signal.

5 days have passed since I restored and there has been no problems with signal

The only difference is that, I had not installed Cydia Apps.

I suppose that some applications caused the conflict with ultraSnow

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I restored my iphone with 4.2.1 iOS and BaseBand 01.59, because every 15 minutes, I had to reboot the phone to get signal.

5 days have passed since I restored and there has been no problems with signal

The only difference is that, I had not installed Cydia Apps.

I suppose that some applications caused the conflict with ultraSnow

Even when not unlocked and using the iPhone with AT&T, I suffered from this.

I restored my iPhone 4 back to 4.0 and so far it's working wonders. From 4.0-4.1, I never had the sim card issue. After upgrading to 4.2.1, it started happening.

I think it may be because of the new version of Cydia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.