Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 25, 2010, 04:04 AM   #1
kalirob99
macrumors 65816
 
kalirob99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Send a message via AIM to kalirob99
Question 3g Unrestrictor or Facebreak?

I am tossed up between the two, as what are the positives and negatives of each. A big plus for me would be it being low on system resources. Any suggestions for people out there with experience or thoughts on the two programs would be much appreciated.
kalirob99 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:32 AM   #2
studmule
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Both will let you use Facetime over 3G. From what I've read about Facebreak, that's all it will do. 3G Unrestrictor will trick almost any app to think it's on Wifi, when you're actually on 3G.
studmule is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:06 AM   #3
philip in al
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I can't vouch for 3g Unrest, but Facebreak has always worked like a charm for me.

FB works on 4.1

Last edited by philip in al; Oct 25, 2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: added
philip in al is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:19 AM   #4
bmms8
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
i have 3GU and it has always worked flawlessly.. one thing you might want to consider is that right now with ios 4.1 3GU does not work. my3g works and i am not to sure about facebreak. i would recommend getting 3GU, because like the above poster stated, it works for all apps. gl.
__________________
13" MacBook Pro
16 GB iPhone 6 Plus
bmms8 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:26 AM   #5
SDub90
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Long Island
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmms8
i have 3GU and it has always worked flawlessly.. one thing you might want to consider is that right now with ios 4.1 3GU does not work. my3g works and i am not to sure about facebreak. i would recommend getting 3GU, because like the above poster stated, it works for all apps. gl.
Unrestrictor has worked we for me on 4.1. I always turn it off with sbsettings whenever I'm not using it.
SDub90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:28 AM   #6
bmms8
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDub90 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)



Unrestrictor has worked we for me on 4.1. I always turn it off with sbsettings whenever I'm not using it.
im sorry i totally misguided you... it does not work with receiving facetime calls.. you are right it works, but when getting FT calls it has not worked for me and others at all.
__________________
13" MacBook Pro
16 GB iPhone 6 Plus
bmms8 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:56 AM   #7
bern43
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
3g Unrestrictor was just updated to support 4.1. Should work fine.
bern43 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:07 AM   #8
bmms8
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bern43 View Post
3g Unrestrictor was just updated to support 4.1. Should work fine.
can you confirm that 2.3.1-1 is the latest update? and this works 100%?
__________________
13" MacBook Pro
16 GB iPhone 6 Plus
bmms8 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:25 AM   #9
fsck-y dingo
macrumors 65816
 
fsck-y dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmms8 View Post
can you confirm that 2.3.1-1 is the latest update? and this works 100%?
It wasn't 100% with version 2.3 but the current update, 2.3.1-1, has been submitted to fix the incoming 3G call failure. I haven't tested it out but I'd be willing to bet it works fine now.

I decided to try My3G a few days ago and I like it so I haven't bothered testing the most recent 3G Unrestrictor release.

Follow this link and scroll down a little until you see "Change Log". Click there to read about changes right from the developer.

http://www.kstreich-dev.com/m/apps/JB/3G_Unrestrictor/

Last edited by fsck-y dingo; Oct 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM.
fsck-y dingo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:31 AM   #10
bmms8
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsck-y dingo View Post
It wasn't 100% with version 2.3 but the current update, 2.3.1-1, has been submitted to fix the incoming 3G call failure. I haven't tested it out but I'd be willing to bet it works fine now.

I decided to try My3G a few days ago and I like it so I haven't bothered testing the most recent 3G Unrestrictor release.

Follow this link and click, scroll down a little and click on "Change Log" to read it right from the developer.

http://www.kstreich-dev.com/m/apps/JB/3G_Unrestrictor/
thanks for that link, i saw it before and the latest release doesnt seem to be on there, but i think it does work.. i live in an edge only area, but i FTed myself from my mbp and this time my iphone got the call even though it cant connect due to connection speed. so i think all in all it does work
__________________
13" MacBook Pro
16 GB iPhone 6 Plus
bmms8 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:36 AM   #11
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Thumbs up

Facebreak works nice and easy.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 11:31 AM   #12
fsck-y dingo
macrumors 65816
 
fsck-y dingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmms8 View Post
thanks for that link, i saw it before and the latest release doesnt seem to be on there, but i think it does work.. i live in an edge only area, but i FTed myself from my mbp and this time my iphone got the call even though it cant connect due to connection speed. so i think all in all it does work
That's good to hear! I have paid licenses from all three packages mentioned here. I started off with 3G Unrestrictor but at the time the incoming 3G calls were failing. I waited a few days and then I tried Facebreak which is great but I wanted a single all-in-one app. So, having an impatient moment, I got My3G and have settled on that for now. At least I have options going forward.
fsck-y dingo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:07 PM   #13
this is funah
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Berlin, Germany
I've been using 3GUnrestrictor and since the last update, it's been working beautifully on 4.1 on all applications including facetime... i highly recommend it.
__________________
iPhone 4 iPad 2
Property is only a product of scarcity. Therefore, there is no such thing as intellectual property.
this is funah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 05:52 PM   #14
kalirob99
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
kalirob99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: California
Send a message via AIM to kalirob99
Alright thanks everyone. I'll try out both for a few days and see which works best for me. 3G Unrestrictor might be best, so I can go over the app store limit also. Though that might not be that important lol, I'll see.
kalirob99 is online now   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone: 3G Unrestrictor problem philip in al Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 3 May 5, 2013 01:34 AM
iPhone: Official Youtube App - Unrestrictor? Travisimo Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 11 Mar 12, 2013 12:31 PM
iPhone: [SOLVED] Cannot install 3G Unrestrictor Qaanol Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Feb 14, 2013 11:17 AM
LTE Unrestrictor simple20 iPhone 2 Feb 6, 2013 07:31 PM
iPhone: Facetime over 3G with 3G unrestrictor 5 monoclone Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Jul 15, 2012 07:25 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC