Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Oct 25, 2010, 06:08 PM   #1
r1ngx
macrumors newbie

How to remove Cydia account info from iPhone I am selling?

I did a fresh restore and JB of an iPhone I want to sell but when I goto Cydia on the iPhone it still shows packages I have purchased? Is this because of the UUID of the device in Cydia's database? How can I purge it so the buyer will not be able to download apps from cydia that I have paid for? I did the restore and setup as a "new" iphone.. not restoring past backups.

Thanks in advance.
r1ngx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:09 PM   #2
bytethese
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1ngx View Post
I did a fresh restore and JB of an iPhone I want to sell but when I goto Cydia on the iPhone it still shows packages I have purchased? Is this because of the UUID of the device in Cydia's database? How can I purge it so the buyer will not be able to download apps from cydia that I have paid for? I did the restore and setup as a "new" iphone.. not restoring past backups.

Thanks in advance.
Which iPhone? You should be able to use Erase All Content and Settings and use Pwnage Tool to package up a custom 4.1 package to restore to your device. Once restored check Cydia again to see if there's anything there. As long as you didn't restore from a backup afterward, I think you should be ok.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:18 PM   #3
eastercat
macrumors 68040

IIRC, you have to transfer the account from that phone. However, since I only use the free apps, I don't know how.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:40 PM   #4
brokin
macrumors member

i too would like to know how to do this. i recently restored my iphone to new and rejailbroke it. why i launched cydia it already detected my account and purchases. this information would be good to know.
brokin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:45 PM   #5
maturola
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to maturola
If you do a fresh restore and re-JB, Cydia won't know it is you until you login with your Facebook or Google ID (which is what cydia use for ID)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokin View Post
i too would like to know how to do this. i recently restored my iphone to new and rejailbroke it. why i launched cydia it already detected my account and purchases. this information would be good to know.
You must have done a restore from Backup, you need to do a DFU restore and RE-Jb without restore from "users" (you) backup. Set it up as new phone. there is no way for Cydia to "know" it is you until you login. Cydia use Google or Facebook ID for that.

Last edited by maturola; Oct 26, 2010 at 12:53 PM.
maturola is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 12:48 PM   #6
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by maturola View Post
If you do a fresh restore and re-JB, Cydia won't know it is you until you login with your Facebook or Google ID (which is what cydia use for ID)
Bingo
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:12 PM   #7
r1ngx
macrumors newbie

Quote:

You must have done a restore from Backup, you need to do a DFU restore and RE-Jb without restore from "users" (you) backup. Set it up as new phone. there is no way for Cydia to "know" it is you until you login. Cydia use Google or Facebook ID for that.
I set it up as a NEW phone. Cydia is using some other method to identify because I DID NOT RESTORE from users account..
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:39 AM   #8
r1ngx
macrumors newbie

no one has the answer? It was restored as NEW phone, but Cydia still shows the packages I purchased. Is Cydia using the UUID of the iPhone for identification?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:43 AM   #9
maturola
macrumors 68040

Quote:
no one has the answer? It was restored as NEW phone, but Cydia still shows the packages I purchased. Is Cydia using the UUID of the iPhone for identification?
Can you post a Screenshot, to see exactly what cydia is telling you?

what did you use to login to Cydia the first time you purchased your first app? google or facebook iD?

Are you doing a DFU restore?

This is what Cydia shows after every restore I have done.

Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:46 AM   #10
bender o
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I had the same issue and there seems to be no option. Although I did sell my phone without restoring it (original seller didn't save the shsh's blobls in time) and I had no trouble, I only had bought only one app, MyWi, and when I bought my new phone I was able to download it for free with my old license without issues. I don't know if my buyer is using it and I really don't care since I'm able to use mine and haven't got any "new" charges because the account doesn't save your paypal information

Hope it helps
bender o is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 06:50 PM   #11
r1ngx
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Can you post a Screenshot, to see exactly what cydia is telling you?

what did you use to login to Cydia the first time you purchased your first app? google or facebook iD?

Are you doing a DFU restore?

This is what Cydia shows after every restore I have done.
I get the "Package Previously Purchased" note on the pages of apps that I have purchased. You only need to login with facebook or gmail if you are PURCHASING something. So as the responder above stated, the person with the iPhone can probably redownload anything I have purchased before.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 07:23 PM   #12
maturola
macrumors 68040

Quote:
I get the "Package Previously Purchased" note on the pages of apps that I have purchased. You only need to login with facebook or gmail if you are PURCHASING something. So as the responder above stated, the person with the iPhone can probably redownload anything I have purchased before.
You still didn't answer the question, Did you use your Google or your facebook id when you originally got the package?

Did you do a DFU restore?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 07:30 PM   #13
r1ngx
macrumors newbie

Quote:
You still didn't answer the question, Did you use your Google or your facebook id when you originally got the package?

Did you do a DFU restore?
I did a DFU restore with pwnage 4.1 and setup as a NEW phone.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks