Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MACloop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Germany
Hello,
I have an app in appstore and would like it to be published in another country-appstore aswell... I cannot find any helpful information about this... Is it possible to change country for a excisting app? I really hope that I do not have to upload another app just for this country? Help!
MACloop

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Unless you specifically stated you wanted limited countries when you uploaded the app it will already by in all stores.

MACloop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Germany
Unless you specifically stated you wanted limited countries when you uploaded the app it will already by in all stores.

Thanks - I found how to solve the problem! Under rights and pricing you may define in which countries your app will be available. I thought it had to be defined within the metadata and was searching in the wrong place...

Another question - assume that I have 2 apps, one for iphone and one for iPad and I if would like to replace them both with one universal app. I could chose one of them, for instance the iphone version and just replace it with the universal app. But what about the users who have the ipad app installed. They will not get an update information in this case. Is it possible to inform them, without uploading a new version on the ipad version?

Thanks in advance!
MACloop

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I don't think so. The only way to do it would be to upload the Universal binary for the next version of both apps and keep updating both for ever. Unless Apple have some way of merging them: try contacting Apple.

MACloop

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Germany
I don't think so. The only way to do it would be to upload the Universal binary for the next version of both apps and keep updating both for ever. Unless Apple have some way of merging them: try contacting Apple.

Thanks for the answer! Ok I will try to contact apple on this issue - perhaps there is a possible solution...
MACloop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.