Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:51 PM   #1
Doctor Q
Administrator

Forum tip: keep your email address up to date

Every MacRumors user account has an associated email address. You can see it and change it on the Edit Email & Password page of your User Control Panel.

We suggest that you keep your account's email address up to date, for four reasons:
  1. If you forget your login password, you can reset it using the Lost Password Recovery Form, but only if you can receive email at the email address associated with your account.

2. If you subscribe to a thread (or a forum) and you ask for email notification, the messages will go to the email address associated with your account.

3. If you check "Enable Private Messaging" and "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" in your User Options, messages about PMs sent to you will go to the email address associated with your account.

4. If there is a problem with your account that we think you would want to know about (e.g., we think somebody might be trying to hijack your account after guessing your password), we can't notify you without a valid email address.
MacRumors will never send you advertising, broadcast messages, or any other inappropriate email. MacRumors will never share your email address with anyone else.

Now is a good time to check your account's email address!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:55 PM   #2
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Thanks. Updated mine. The one I had I don't even check anymore
dukebound85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Tags
announcement