Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Oct 27, 2010, 09:57 PM   #1
mikemayhem1234
macrumors newbie

Photoshop Help

I may get criticized for this, and I really don't care. I follow mmitchelldaviss on tumblr, and he posts some of these graphics that he does in photoshop, and I think they're magnificent! I just can't for the life of me figure out how he does them! Some help would be appreciated.

I just want to know how to get that frame lol.

The digital decomposing effect is really nice.

Again, the digital effect.

Okay this is just awesome.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking to get ahead in the photoshop game over my fellow students in my photo class. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Michael.
mikemayhem1234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:06 PM   #2
Apple OC
macrumors 68040

he seems to be using some of the filters and testing them out - nothing special

pick any picture and then play with the filters a bit ... voila! you are now the next Andy Warhol

the frame he probably downloaded from a website that sells antiques or just google antique picture frames
Old Oct 28, 2010, 05:54 AM   #3
Matty-p
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemayhem1234 View Post
I may get criticized for this, and I really don't care. I follow mmitchelldaviss on tumblr, and he posts some of these graphics that he does in photoshop, and I think they're magnificent! I just can't for the life of me figure out how he does them! Some help would be appreciated.

I just want to know how to get that frame lol.
picture with green filter then frame on above layer and text on above layer
Quote:

The digital decomposing effect is really nice.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xl9DLYj6QE...Poster.svg.png then filter and then liquify
Quote:

probably just an image and text or filter again
Quote:
Thumb resize.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking to get ahead in the photoshop game over my fellow students in my photo class. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Michael.
it

Last edited by ergdegdeg; Nov 3, 2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: please use TIMG tags when quoting images
Matty-p is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2010, 01:30 PM   #4
AoxomoxoA
macrumors member

The last one...

Quote:

Cheers,
Michael.

This is a really simple thing to do. Apply a heavy gaussian blur to some sort of image. Copy the layer, paste and then transform>scale 90% the new layer. Repeat this with 80%/70%/60%/50% and you have what he's done.

Aoxo
AoxomoxoA is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics