Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikemayhem1234

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
I may get criticized for this, and I really don't care. I follow mmitchelldaviss on tumblr, and he posts some of these graphics that he does in photoshop, and I think they're magnificent! I just can't for the life of me figure out how he does them! Some help would be appreciated.

tumblr_la2a3s0R621qzuzc1o1_500.jpg

I just want to know how to get that frame lol.

tumblr_l9r433vfei1qzuzc1o1_500.jpg

The digital decomposing effect is really nice.

tumblr_lavezwSNZb1qzuzc1o1_500.jpg

Again, the digital effect.

tumblr_ladiktg4R91qzuzc1o1_500.jpg

Okay this is just awesome.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking to get ahead in the photoshop game over my fellow students in my photo class. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Michael. :apple:

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
he seems to be using some of the filters and testing them out - nothing special

pick any picture and then play with the filters a bit ... voila! you are now the next Andy Warhol

the frame he probably downloaded from a website that sells antiques or just google antique picture frames:cool:

Matty-p

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
I may get criticized for this, and I really don't care. I follow mmitchelldaviss on tumblr, and he posts some of these graphics that he does in photoshop, and I think they're magnificent! I just can't for the life of me figure out how he does them! Some help would be appreciated.

tumblr_la2a3s0R621qzuzc1o1_500.jpg

I just want to know how to get that frame lol.
picture with green filter then frame on above layer and text on above layer
tumblr_l9r433vfei1qzuzc1o1_500.jpg

The digital decomposing effect is really nice.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xl9DLYj6Q...0/220px-Keep_Calm_and_Carry_On_Poster.svg.png then filter and then liquify
tumblr_lavezwSNZb1qzuzc1o1_500.jpg

probably just an image and text or filter again
url]

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated, I'm looking to get ahead in the photoshop game over my fellow students in my photo class. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
it

Last edited by a moderator:

AoxomoxoA

macrumors member
Apr 8, 2010
The last one...

tumblr_ladiktg4R91qzuzc1o1_500.jpg

Cheers,

This is a really simple thing to do. Apply a heavy gaussian blur to some sort of image. Copy the layer, paste and then transform>scale 90% the new layer. Repeat this with 80%/70%/60%/50% and you have what he's done.

Aoxo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.