Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 28, 2010, 05:21 PM   #1
smallnshort247
macrumors 6502a

How do I get video off of iPod Touch 4g?

Hey all. I recorded a few videos on my iPod Touch 4G but I can't seem to figure out how to get them off of it and on my mac. I remember when I first plugged an iPod into my Mac, there would be an iPod icon on my desktop that allowed me to use my iPod as an external hard drive too. I however don't remember how I disabled that feature. Any help would be great!
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Mr Slippy IV
macrumors 6502

I'll take this piece by piece, if you don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallnshort247 View Post
Hey all. I recorded a few videos on my iPod Touch 4G but I can't seem to figure out how to get them off of it and on my mac.
Open iPhoto and under the 'Devices' pane, click the name of your iPod. Select whichever videos you want on your Mac, and click 'Import Selected'. This is the easiest way to put iPod video on a Mac.

Quote:
I remember when I first plugged an iPod into my Mac, there would be an iPod icon on my desktop that allowed me to use my iPod as an external hard drive too. I however don't remember how I disabled that feature. Any help would be great!
Unlike other iPod models, the iPod touch does not have disk use enabled natively. There is a fantastic program out there, however, called DiskAid (free trial, $9.95 full, http://www.digidna.net/products/diskaid) that lets you use your iPod effectively as a USB storage drive.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 01:42 AM   #3
smallnshort247
macrumors 6502a

Thank you SO MUCH! I don't know why Apple just didn't make it this easy from the start. Its so much easier to do it on Windows. Anywho, that program you linked me to is great. Most likely gonna buy it if the software delivers. When I looked at it though, I probably would of bought it in a heartbeat if it were in the future Mac App store. Just a thought.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 12:30 AM   #4
Mr Slippy IV
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Thank you SO MUCH! I don't know why Apple just didn't make it this easy from the start. Its so much easier to do it on Windows. Anywho, that program you linked me to is great. Most likely gonna buy it if the software delivers. When I looked at it though, I probably would of bought it in a heartbeat if it were in the future Mac App store. Just a thought.
Sure thing. And as for the app, it just might be on the Mac App Store, since the File Sharing app it interfaces with is already on the iOS App Store.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 08:48 PM   #5
freeme007
macrumors regular

I want to know how to get video off of ipod touch 4g too, but im using Windows xp.
freeme007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2010, 01:27 AM   #6
ghostshadow
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to ghostshadow Send a message via MSN to ghostshadow
I use ImageCapture app in OS X. I don't know about XP but I would assume you should be able to do it through iTunes. You probably have to tell it to sync the video to the computer when you sync it in iTunes.

I am sure Windows has an option like this.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch