Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 13, 2010
Apple needs come out better way to implement OS lion for imacs. I saw apple's demo on OS lion using apple magic mouse and it was not as great as I hoped it would be. The presenter was making errors and mistakes, constantly. Coincidence? No. Apple needs to find a better way to implement for Desktops.

rprebel

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
Where the bluebonnets bloom
It's not even in beta yet. Calm down. We don't really know much of anything about it, except for the dock/expose/spaces integration and the app store. Even with those things, we don't really know how it will look or work since 10.7 won't be here for almost a year.

ryan0402

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
yeah plus everyone is nervous when they are on the computer with his hands shaking like a leaf watch the video again and look at his hand. He was definitely nervous.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 13, 2010
True...
After all, he had bunch of journalists and editors are all watching him. Also, his boss's boss's boss's boss's boss was watching him, Steve jobs. Yea, I would have been nervous too. Guess, I will wait like you guys suggest. I just hope they don't charge too much for the Lion OS upgrade... praying for 49 dollars, but I have a feeling apple will charge like 99 dollars or higher.

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Apple needs come out better way to implement OS lion for imacs. I saw apple's demo on OS lion using apple magic mouse and it was not as great as I hoped it would be. The presenter was making errors and mistakes, constantly. Coincidence? No. Apple needs to find a better way to implement for Desktops.

It is a coincidence, the guy was nervous and his hands were shaking. I already use a lot of 3-5 fingers gestures with BetterTouchTool on my desktop with magic trackpad, it works pretty well and responsive. I no longer use a mouse because the trackpad is much more productive than the mouse. I can totally see Lion working well with trackpad and iMacs.

djrod

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
It is a coincidence, the guy was nervous and his hands were shaking. I already use a lot of 3-5 fingers gestures with BetterTouchTool on my desktop with magic trackpad, it works pretty well and responsive. I no longer use a mouse because the trackpad is much more productive than the mouse. I can totally see Lion working well with trackpad and iMacs.

+1 but, I use my magic Mouse, 3 finger gesture for expose and works flawlessly, the guy was really nervous, thats way Lion gestures worked that bad

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
I've forwarded your comments to Steve, and Lion has now been postponed indefinitely while Apple re-engineers it from the ground up.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I've forwarded your comments to Steve, and Lion has now been postponed indefinitely while Apple re-engineers it from the ground up.
*phew* Disaster averted. Thank goodness for people like hcho3 who spot these things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.