Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Oct 29, 2010, 03:41 PM   #1
stopshinal
macrumors newbie

Interface iPhone/iTouch via 30pin to microcontroller

First time on board, thanks for all the helpful resources thus far.

Simple question: Has anyone been successful in using the iPhone/iTouch to communicate with a micro controller, ie: Arduino, without using a computer as a middle man?

I'm looking for a very low cost method of controlling a few hack job modifications i've done as practical jokes to my car (water gun out the trunk, etc.)

As a newbie, who can point me in a direction? I was told that Apple must certify applications which attempt to use the connectors.

Lastly, any experience out there in using xCode to create apps which communicate via 30 pin connector? Obviously, I am also attempting to keep my iTouch charged.

Many thanks in advance,
Justin
stopshinal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 03:44 PM   #2
robbieduncan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopshinal View Post
As a newbie, who can point me in a direction? I was told that Apple must certify applications which attempt to use the connectors.
Yep. And the device at the other end of the cable needs a custom Apple supplied chip in it. There is no available, low cost, solution for home brew hardware projects. Connect over WiFi instead...
robbieduncan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2010, 03:52 PM   #3
chown33
macrumors 603

See this thread, starting at post #9:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1011028
chown33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming