Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Turkeywrap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
South Florida
This is a review on Zeetron's white iPhone4 color swap kit that is available on their website (http://www.zeetron.com/pages/iPhone-4-Color-Swap.html).

My overall impression with the kit is surprised. I have read many bad things about them but I decided to take the plunge and order it from Zeetron. They overnighted the package too me at no extra charge which made me really happy. There is some difference between the Home Button and the front glass, but not a lot. The back glass is a nice white too, there was a little piece of plastic covering the camera lens that I didn't notice and it looked scratched so I called up Zeetron and they told me that I had to take a flat head screwdriver and peel it up, so im pleased with their customer service.

Overall amazing parts, and im very pleased. Feel free to ask questions.

Well here are the pics!

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

Turkeywrap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
South Florida
Some more pics!

Flash diffuser was included so thats a plus, also the kit did not include a front mesh grill for the ear piece. So i cut a piece of cloth and stuck it where the mesh grill is suppose to go, works perfect!

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

varun14

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks there's something that looks wrong about the front?

varun14

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2010
Whats wrong with it? Only thing is there's a slgith difference in whiteness of the front glass and home button.

No idea lol. I can't put my finger on it. Perhaps it's just me lol, if nobody else sees what I'm talking about then I'm clearly being an idiot :p I do like your wallpaper though, link plox?

varun14

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2010
Here ya go!

Absolute legend. Thanks for that! Anyways might be best to get back on topic lol.

OT: There are so many companies that offer such services. After their bad press, I just can't see myself spending that kind of money on their products, no matter how much they sort themselves out. I'm glad that you got what you were after though :)

Turkeywrap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
South Florida
Absolute legend. Thanks for that! Anyways might be best to get back on topic lol.

OT: There are so many companies that offer such services. After their bad press, I just can't see myself spending that kind of money on their products, no matter how much they sort themselves out. I'm glad that you got what you were after though :)

Very true, seems they've sorted themselves out though and started shipping good parts.

And you're welcome, I love that wallpaper.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
This is a review on Zeetron's white iPhone4 color swap kit that is available on their website (http://www.zeetron.com/pages/iPhone-4-Color-Swap.html).

My overall impression with the kit is surprised. I have read many bad things about them but I decided to take the plunge and order it from Zeetron. They overnighted the package too me at no extra charge which made me really happy. There is some difference between the Home Button and the front glass, but not a lot. The back glass is a nice white too, there was a little piece of plastic covering the camera lens that I didn't notice and it looked scratched so I called up Zeetron and they told me that I had to take a flat head screwdriver and peel it up, so im pleased with their customer service.

Overall amazing parts, and im very pleased. Feel free to ask questions.

Well here are the pics!

You sure you called up Zeetron? Look at post #16 and it clearly states that you use a flat head screwdriver and peel it up. You obviously visited that thread too. Why make up stuff and give credit to Zeetron? You work for them?

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=11322863

Turkeywrap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
South Florida
You sure you called up Zeetron? Look at post #16 and it clearly states that you use a flat head screwdriver and peel it up. You obviously visited that thread too. Why make up stuff and give credit to Zeetron? You work for them?

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=11322863

Want me to show you emails between me and Zeetron? Or how about the voicemail that a Rep left me, telling me that I needed to peel it up? Ask and get owned lol.

Umad.avi

NocturnalEVO

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010
how are you liking it now that you've had a few days with it? Any annoyances or anything?

I've j/heard of a few people having some issues with light seeping through the edges, and the flash/camera not working as good (not sure front or back).

I'm really considering biting the bullet on the white swap since Apple pretty much won't be releasing a white one.

Lucky for me they're based out of NY, and I'm in NY :)

Turkeywrap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
South Florida
how are you liking it now that you've had a few days with it? Any annoyances or anything?

I've j/heard of a few people having some issues with light seeping through the edges, and the flash/camera not working as good (not sure front or back).

I'm really considering biting the bullet on the white swap since Apple pretty much won't be releasing a white one.

Lucky for me they're based out of NY, and I'm in NY :)

I dont have any light seeping issues from what I can see, and my pictures are as normal as if my phone were black, so far so good. :D

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
Looks nice except for the two rows of square holes above the speaker. What's up with those holes????

Kingtrettem

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2011
Zeetron doesn't ship

I just bought the iphone 4 white deluxe kit, i thought everything would o greate. monday they said the would ship monday, tuesday they said thuesday, wednesday the same, and on thursday they said that my package was at the fraud dept:( I paid like 260 dollars fort the package and next day shipping:(

obyte

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2010
Boston
I just bought the iphone 4 white deluxe kit, i thought everything would o greate. monday they said the would ship monday, tuesday they said thuesday, wednesday the same, and on thursday they said that my package was at the fraud dept:( I paid like 260 dollars fort the package and next day shipping:(

Zeetron is 100% a scam company. You should probably get your money back

Turkeywrap

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
South Florida
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah, when I got their kit they were good with shipping times and delivering everything, now I can't and won't ever back them up.

martynov

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah, when I got their kit they were good with shipping times and delivering everything, now I can't and won't ever back them up.

Its a tricky thing when you rep up a company, i wrote a review for ifixdirect and i hope they never go down the drain otherwise my arse is on the line :eek: Zeetron has a list of negative reviews floating around and when i was choosing my local company, i did not even bother calling them based on the feedback that was going around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.