Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigesta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
At first the ipod had a warning triangle and the apple website www.apple.com/support/ipod/.
I figured i had to restore, it downloaded the restore file and restored the ipod after restoration was complete, i removed the ipod i tried to turn it on, it just showed the battery and a triangle then switched off. it has never switched on ever since

I tried to connect it to the computer still does not show any sign of life.
back then it used to show a red circle and a message not to unplug the ipod, Now it does not show anything.

Please help, what do i do?
thanks in advance

FixYouriTunes

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2010
San Francisco
Once my iPod had a red x across the screen and it wouldn't turn on or anything like play my music. It was just displaying the X. It was fairly new but I tried a lot of different things and it wouldn't just turn on. I did a ton of research online and I found out about this. I tapped it on my hand or a very soft cushioned rug and it woke up. It just was stuck somehow. Perhaps you can try that but your's just sounds like it's dead or has a battery problem or the battery is dead. If you are close to an Apple Store you might want to take it there as they can test it out for you if not then start out by tapping it perhaps it can wake up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.