Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:46 PM   #1
shizaf
macrumors newbie

Talking Want to get pictures (data) from water damaged iphone

Hi
My 2g took a bath and while it was pretty much time to say goodbye anyhow, it died before I managed to download the last set of pictures. Is there any way to get the pictures (or other data) off the flash? I read on here a similar post from someone who wanted to make sure the data was gone, gone, gone and the responses seemed to indicate that the flash would not have been damaged by water but didn't offer solutions for getting the data off. I talked to a local guy who said I need to get the phone working again, which could be expensive and there are no guarantees it would happen.
Any ideas?
Thanks
shizaf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2010, 11:59 PM   #2
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Highly doubt you can retrieve them now that its dead from water damage.
Unless you want to spend some money repairing trying to fix it and hope to copy them over.
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 12:10 AM   #3
IrishVixen
macrumors 68000

I doubt it will work if the phone doesn't power on, but you won't lose anything by trying something like iPhone Explorer. It's a free download, just Google it.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting