Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SashaFierce

Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Does the Apple logo still light up on the MacBook Air whenever the screen is on? Like this:

CIMG3416.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
This is a feature that Apple adds to it's laptops to enable people with friends to work in pairs... and light up each other's non-backlit keyboards.

/Jim

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
This is a feature that Apple adds to it's laptops to enable people with friends to work in pairs... and light up each other's non-backlit keyboards.

/Jim

That sounds great in theory. But how exactly would the two friends use the glowing apple to light up the other's keyboard? It would be physically impossible to have the apple on the back of the screen to face towards the other's keyboard whilst having the same for the other computer. Yes, I know I'm over thinking this to a great degree.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
That sounds great in theory. But how exactly would the two friends use the glowing apple to light up the other's keyboard? It would be physically impossible to have the apple on the back of the screen to face towards the other's keyboard whilst having the same for the other computer. Yes, I know I'm over thinking this to a great degree.

You obviously missed the sarcasm... or you haven't been reading the "backlit keyboard" threads.

So if you want to over-think it... you can extend the thought to more than "two friends". :)

/Jim

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
You obviously missed the sarcasm... or you haven't been reading the "backlit keyboard" threads.

So if you want to over-think it... you can extend the thought to more than "two friends". :)

/Jim

Actually, I didn't miss the sarcasm, I just felt like overanalyzing something :)

And actually, you did. Pairs would mean that there are just two of them ;)

/Jim

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
Actually, I didn't miss the sarcasm, I just felt like overanalyzing something :)

And actually, you did. Pairs would mean that there are just two of them ;)

Good points. Upon further analysis... the obvious answer is the two people just take turns typing.... or of course, get more friends.

/Jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.