Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:10 AM   #1
uraniumwilly
macrumors 6502

Mac: How Do You Transfer HD Video From iPhone to Computer?

PhotoToMac is good, but it's not at full HD. What do people use to transfer at full HD?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 07:18 PM   #2
dhm118
macrumors newbie

iPhoto
dhm118 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:56 AM   #3
uraniumwilly
macrumors 6502

Thanks you.

It took a newbie to stoop so low so as to give me an answer.

I looked on these forums, did searches, did google searches and they all pointed me to 3rd party apps. I really did not know that iphoto would transfer HD video.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:08 AM   #4
Small White Car
macrumors G4

If you're not going to use iPhoto to store the video then use the application called 'Image Capture.' (Comes with your Mac.)

It will just let you drag the video to any folder you want.

If you're gonna use iPhoto to keep your videos, then great. Use that. But if you just import it in there and then drag it out and erase it from iPhoto you can save a step by using Image Capture.
Small White Car is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 11:16 AM   #5
uraniumwilly
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small White Car View Post
If you're not going to use iPhoto to store the video then use the application called 'Image Capture.' (Comes with your Mac.)

It will just let you drag the video to any folder you want.

If you're gonna use iPhoto to keep your videos, then great. Use that. But if you just import it in there and then drag it out and erase it from iPhoto you can save a step by using Image Capture.
Suhweet. I really should get and RTFM.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 01:42 PM   #6
jlynn628
macrumors newbie

large videos

I have tried both Iphoto and Image capture. They are only transferring videos that are less than 10 seconds. I have 29 gigs of videos on my phone I NEED off. I can't do anything on my phone and really don't want to lose them. So I have been uploading hd to youtube and then downloading to my computer but that takes about 20-30 minutes per 5 minute video and some are almost 15 min. There has to be a way to be able to move them directly from the phone to the computer.

I have an Iphone 4 (4.2.1) and a mac book pro running snow leopard.

Thanks for any help you can give. I think I am even ready to spend up to $50 on software if I have to if I know for sure it does what I want it to quickly and easily.
jlynn628 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 03:57 PM   #7
raven77
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynn628 View Post
I have tried both Iphoto and Image capture. They are only transferring videos that are less than 10 seconds. I have 29 gigs of videos on my phone I NEED off. I can't do anything on my phone and really don't want to lose them. So I have been uploading hd to youtube and then downloading to my computer but that takes about 20-30 minutes per 5 minute video and some are almost 15 min. There has to be a way to be able to move them directly from the phone to the computer.

Thanks for any help you can give. I think I am even ready to spend up to $50 on software if I have to if I know for sure it does what I want it to quickly and easily.
I know this doesnt help you but FYI, I'm on Windows 7 and my iPhone 4 shows up as a drive when I plug it in. I just drag and drop the videos from the folder to my desktop. I just a pulled a 20 minute video off that was over a Gig with no problems.
stupid, crappy Macs! lol
raven77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 07:32 PM   #8
lucifiel
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynn628 View Post

What happens when you try to import via image capture videos which are more than 10 secs? I use Image capture and it works flawlessly with me. So it might help if we know what's going on?
Old Nov 30, 2010, 08:47 PM   #9
sinsin07
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven77 View Post
I know this doesnt help you but FYI, I'm on Windows 7 and my iPhone 4 shows up as a drive when I plug it in. I just drag and drop the videos from the folder to my desktop. I just a pulled a 20 minute video off that was over a Gig with no problems.
stupid, crappy Macs! lol
No it may not help the OP but it did me. Thanks
sinsin07 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:07 AM   #10
Galarina
macrumors member

FYI

The latest version of PhotoToMac (released yesterday) now transfers HD video without compression. This means resolution as well as quality are identical to the original file on the iPhone.

PhotoToMac in the App Store
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:37 AM   #11
sim667
macrumors 6502a

I download HD vids over 10 seconds in iphoto all the time

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps