Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Any recommendations? Are there any sleeve type cases that have a slot for the charger? Thanks.

EggrollShop

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
I'm pretty sure a manila envelope would work :D but I would rock an invisishield or something like it, had one on my 15 inch UBMBP and boy did it save it from various scratches and even some minor dings.

rkahl

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
I'm pretty sure a manila envelope would work :D but I would rock an invisishield or something like it, had one on my 15 inch UBMBP and boy did it save it from various scratches and even some minor dings.

I just got the Macvelope, it's pretty cool. People think its just mail inside, so you can feel a little better if you forget it in your car.

Loonytik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I just got the Macvelope, it's pretty cool. People think its just mail inside, so you can feel a little better if you forget it in your car.

I wish they made different colors of the Macvelope and I would buy one. Say maybe a light grey like some envelopes I currently use.

942524_sk_lg.jpg

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/942524/Columbian-Gray-Clasp-97-Envelopes-10/

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I got one made for the pro that has pleanty of room for device, ,magic mouse and charger. Got it at the apple store.

re2st

macrumors regular
May 2, 2007
San Jose, CA
I got the Macvelope as well. Looks neat, but the fit is a little too tight. It's kinda bitch to take your Air in and out. Also, the padding is rather minimal, so no way it would give too much protection.

But hey, for 20 bucks you can't go wrong..

eldo33

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Im also getting this one in chocolate.

really..what's your location?

i went to my closest one in sacramento CA and they didn't have this. I really like this and chocolate color is perfect. I found one in amazon and the 3rd vendor is selling it for overprice of $50.

Loonytik

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2008
I bought a 13.3 inch neoprene case at Target that is very similar to the Incase one except it's $20 cheaper. It's zippered and has a tiny zippered side pocket that will hold the charger perfectly but still very flat when you're not using it. I tried finding the exact one on their website or elsewhere with no luck. It is in store though so if you're by there take a look.

The brand name was Tuari and they have two types, one basic neoprene sleeve with zipper for $10 on sale(3 colors, black, pink, blue) and the one I bought with the extra pocket $19.99, same three colors.

DJnBIM

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2010
really..what's your location?

i went to my closest one in sacramento CA and they didn't have this. I really like this and chocolate color is perfect. I found one in amazon and the 3rd vendor is selling it for overprice of $50.

I placed the order over the phone. For some reason on their website it says out of stock but when I called they said they still have some in stock. I should get it tomorrow!

btw ... im from cali too :D

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
I got the Macvelope as well. Looks neat, but the fit is a little too tight. It's kinda bitch to take your Air in and out. Also, the padding is rather minimal, so no way it would give too much protection.

But hey, for 20 bucks you can't go wrong..

I feel exactly the same way. Too tight and the scratchy velcro should not be on the flap, it'll scratch the MBA if you are not careful. It was a fun purchase, not for serious protection. I will probably use it if I want to put my Air in another bag.

J273

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2007
Does anyone know of a shield like the invisible shiled for the air but not glossy?

Thanks

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
Does anyone know of a shield like the invisible shiled for the air but not glossy?

Thanks

Yes, wrapsol. My order is coming in the mail today. I have it on the back of my iPhone 4 and like it a lot. Matte texture. Should be very invisible. Wrapsol is the only company that I know of who makes non-glossy wraps.

tmackgt89

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2008
I've been using this bag for iPad for months and it will also fit the 11". it's a fantastic bag:

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0222

The larger Tom Bihn Ristretto will fit the 13". If I keep the 13" (thinking about the 11") I will definitely be getting this bag.

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0223

Are you sure the 11.6" Air will fit in the Ristretto for iPad?? Their site says the interior dimensions of the padded section are 10.9"x7.6"x1" and the 11" Air's dimensions are 11.8"x7.6"x0.7".

So it looks like the 11" Air is about an inch too long to fit. If you have the 11" can you take a photo of it in the Ristretto?

Thanks

ImperialX

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
The Macvelope is the most popular case for the MacBook Air on Amazon. I just ordered it. Will post more thoughts when it arrives.

hsl

macrumors regular
Dec 15, 2006
:) first pictures of the beta sleeve of jolioriginals.com :)

content

content

Last edited:

shootingrubber

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2009
Just ordered the inCase Sleeve for the 13" MacBook Air off eBay. Price was like half of that than on the inCase website where they are sold out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.