Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:55 AM   #1
BenGonz91
macrumors newbie

Can't download anything in Safari (or Firefox)

I recently deleted the app speed download and didn't use the uninstaller so I'm worried my browsers may be looking for that and it's not there. I'm not getting any popups or anything when I try to download something, safari just goes to a black/grey screen and nothing happens. Please help!!
BenGonz91 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2010, 03:47 PM   #2
LPZ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGonz91 View Post
I recently deleted the app speed download and didn't use the uninstaller so I'm worried my browsers may be looking for that and it's not there. I'm not getting any popups or anything when I try to download something, safari just goes to a black/grey screen and nothing happens. Please help!!
You should reinstall Speed Download and then use their uninstaller. If you still have the original .dmg file in your Downloads folder, just use it to reinstall. If you don't, you'll need to download it first. Since you apparently cannot download using a browser, you can do this:

Open Terminal (in Utilities) and enter

Code:
curl http://mirror.nscocoa.com/~yazsoftc2/files/sd5/sd5.zip -o sd5.zip
This should download the .zip file into your Home folder. Then double-click to uncompress it and you should have the .dmg you need.
LPZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Tags
download, problems, safari, speed download