Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:40 AM   #1
darkpixie08
macrumors member

Movies on Ipad without Itunes?

Is there a way to put movies on your ipad without putting them in itunes? I keep all our movies on a separate computer, and I'd love to be able to put them on the ipad without putting them on my main computer that my Ipad is synced to. Can I use cyberduck or some other program to do this? If someone could give me a brief walkthrough of the steps I'd really appreciate it!
darkpixie08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:36 PM   #2
maturola
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to maturola
OK so when you say "put" movies on your iPad, I am going to guess you not only want to carry them but you also want to play them on the iPad and that is the tricky part. you can "put" all the movies you want using, iFile, Cyberduck (SSH), IphoneExplorer, PhoneDisk, iDisk, etc. now they Won't play on the Ipod.app or video.app (in case of the iPad) this application need no only the video file but also some entries on the database that cannot be done manually.

Now, I think there are some alternatives media player you can use to play those videos, i think iFile got a build in player you could use (very basic) and there were other media players out there I can't remember their names from the top of my head now and I am not sure if they have been updated lately to support iOS4
maturola is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:53 AM   #3
Anujpurohit
macrumors newbie

Check out BUZZ player

Hi.
Check out buzz player. It lets you play almost all files from windows share and does not require re encoding,
So its like playing file from vlc off a network drive and i love that app.

Please buy the after trying through install***s as it is really the best app around.

Cheers
Anujpurohit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 02:37 PM   #4
hitekalex
Banned

Another vote for BUZZ player.. It's very full featured, and supports playing or copying movies over the network. Plays just about all video formats.
hitekalex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 06:06 PM   #5
pfjellman
macrumors regular

I haven't tried buzz player, but i do use airvideo (for playing videos off my network while at my house) and vlc (for playing videos locally on the ipad while i'm traveling).

vlc plays almost all video types, and is very easy to use. simply drag your video files to the vlc section in itunes under ipad apps. the video files aren't added into itunes and don't need to be converted. then open vlc and they will play just fine.

vlc is also a free app. airvideo costs a few bucks but its worth it if you have terabytes of media on a network and want to see it all.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks