Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:22 PM   #1
T4R06
macrumors 65816

in-store vs shopping online

i know j&r bhphoto are offering no taxes and free shipping. so its like $70 cheap vs apple in-store.

do you guys see any advantage technically on this? i mean if you bought it online retailers apple store will still replace your macbook air if you have any problems like screen issues etc...??

i'd love to see who else here bought directly at apple store instead of buying online to save $70 for the 13" model

thanks in advance
T4R06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:28 PM   #2
rkahl
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4R06 View Post
i know j&r bhphoto are offering no taxes and free shipping. so its like $70 cheap vs apple in-store.

do you guys see any advantage technically on this? i mean if you bought it online retailers apple store will still replace your macbook air if you have any problems like screen issues etc...??

i'd love to see who else here bought directly at apple store instead of buying online to save $70 for the 13" model

thanks in advance
Those stores are probably back ordered until xmas.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:30 PM   #3
T4R06
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkahl View Post
Those stores are probably back ordered until xmas.
nope! if you downloaded the apple apps via iphone you will see you can reserve and actually im checking now.. i can pick it up today
Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:32 PM   #4
rkahl
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4R06 View Post
nope! if you downloaded the apple apps via iphone you will see you can reserve and actually im checking now.. i can pick it up today
I know Apple has them in stock, I was talking about stores that are offering it for $70 less.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:33 PM   #5
T4R06
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkahl View Post
I know Apple has them in stock, I was talking about stores that are offering it for $70 less.
J&R and BHphoto has
Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:38 PM   #6
DiamondGCoupe
macrumors 6502

As long as you buy from an authorized dealer, Apple will honor your warranty anywhere.
DiamondGCoupe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:38 PM   #7
truncj
macrumors member

No matter where you purchase your apple product, it comes with a 1year Apple warranty. If you have any issues during that year, just bring it to the genius bar.
truncj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 02:45 PM   #8
astrorider
macrumors 6502

But will the genius bar give you a replacement if there's anything wrong with your computer and you purchased it at a different retailer online?

My understanding was that of course Apple will honor their warranty if you have a problem, but you'll likely have to ship your computer in to Apple for repair or return it to the retailer you purchased it from if it's a hardware problem that can't be fixed at the store. If you purchase from an Apple Store and have a hardware problem you can return to that apple store for a replacement if it's within the first 14 days.

I could be wrong though. Please let me know if someone knows otherwise.
astrorider is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2010, 03:03 PM   #9
T4R06
macrumors 65816

i am so lost too.. what i did now is reserved the 13" and will pick it up anytime now!
Old Nov 5, 2010, 04:23 PM   #10
fyrefly
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrorider View Post
But will the genius bar give you a replacement if there's anything wrong with your computer and you purchased it at a different retailer online?

My understanding was that of course Apple will honor their warranty if you have a problem, but you'll likely have to ship your computer in to Apple for repair or return it to the retailer you purchased it from if it's a hardware problem that can't be fixed at the store. If you purchase from an Apple Store and have a hardware problem you can return to that apple store for a replacement if it's within the first 14 days.

I could be wrong though. Please let me know if someone knows otherwise.
True, but that's the Apple Brick and Mortar store return Policy, and has nothing to do with AppleCare.

BestBuy has the same thing. If you buy any laptop there, you have 14-days no questions asked to return it if there's a problem.

No idea what B&HPhoto's return policy is.

Regardless, the Applecare on the machine will be the same.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air