Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 5, 2010, 09:15 PM   #1
karohan
macrumors 6502

Chrome keeps crashing

I have Google Chrome installed as my primary browser and for a good while, flash was really stable and didn't really crash. Now, ever since it was updated to Chrome 7 and beyond, Flash keeps crashing pretty consistently and its extremely frustrating. I have so many windows open, that restarting the browser each time is an enormous hassle.

I don't really want to have to use another browser, so is there a way I can handle a flash plugin crasher more easily on Chrome? Reloading the page doesn't work. Is there an issue occurring with Chrome having an in-built plugin and me already installing another plugin?
karohan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 07:19 AM   #2
Evoken
macrumors 6502a

Did you try updating to the latest version of Flash too? I have no issues with Flash in Chrome.

Unlike Safari/Firefox, Chrome has an integrated Flash Player plugin (type about: plugins in the omnibar to see it). You can try disabling it so that Chrome uses the same one that Safari/Firefox does and see if that is what is causing the problem.

It is possible that an extension you have installed may be causing the problem too, so you could try disabling them.
Evoken is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 07:12 PM   #3
techpr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by karohan View Post
I have Google Chrome installed as my primary browser and for a good while, flash was really stable and didn't really crash. Now, ever since it was updated to Chrome 7 and beyond, Flash keeps crashing pretty consistently and its extremely frustrating. I have so many windows open, that restarting the browser each time is an enormous hassle.

I don't really want to have to use another browser, so is there a way I can handle a flash plugin crasher more easily on Chrome? Reloading the page doesn't work. Is there an issue occurring with Chrome having an in-built plugin and me already installing another plugin?
Are you using Chrome Beta or Dev?

Use the Stable release with FlashBlock Extention. Soon on Chrome 8 Stable the native Click to Play option.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 03:14 AM   #4
karohan
macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies!

I was using the stable, then I went to the beta, but now I'm back at the stable. How do I disable one of the Flash files? The option to disable in aboutlugins only disables both, not just one.
karohan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store