Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:03 PM   #1
SlideForthMedia
macrumors newbie

Touch Gaming Magazine, the first iPad mag dedicated to iPad gaming

I'd like to inform you that we have just released the first iPad magazine dedicated to iPad and iPhone gaming into the App Store. It's called Touch Gaming Magazine and it will be a monthly magazine filled with reviews, interviews, previews, background articles and more. It's also the first gaming magazine made exclusively for release on the iPad.

App Store link

We're a small (read: tiny) publishing company made up of gaming enthusiasts. We've all been involved with videogame journalism for around 15 years, and it's always been our dream to one day start our own magazine. Now with the release of the iPad, we were able to make that dream come true. We built our own software for transferring the articles to the iPad and then started playing iPad games and writing about them like crazy. We love gaming on the iPad, we probably won't have to explain to you why, and we thought it was weird that, while there are lots of websites about iPad gaming, there was no magazine dedicated to it yet.

So now there is. The first issue features 12 interviews, 35 reviews and 4 galleries. Some of the games featured are Cut the Rope, Puzzle Agent, Plunderland and Let's Golf 2.

If you want more info about the mag, you can ask us anything. You can also have a look at our website by clicking here.
SlideForthMedia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 05:05 PM   #2
Piggie
macrumors 603

Looks excellent, will grab myself a copy later tonight

May I please ask one thing (hope you don't mind)

I do hope you can be 100% fully independent and not in any way reliant on software creators for your running costs.

I have seen too many "real paper" gaming magazines over the years that are not worth reading as they dare not say anything bad for fear of upsetting a publisher and loosing income (cutting their own throats)

If something has problems, or faults, or bugs then I as a reader would like to know. Perhaps even suggestions of other (past) reviews of similar apps that were better.

I love fully independent mags that will say something is rubbish or had faults no matter who they upset, and who's loyalty is fully to the magazines readership and not towards the software houses who's products are being reviewed.

Piggie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2010, 07:00 PM   #3
SlideForthMedia
macrumors newbie

No I don't mind at all

We are completely independent and don't have ties to any games company whatsoever. This was also a reason for us to do our own thing. Throughout the years we have spent in games journalism we have seen many times that reviews were rewritten or scores were changed. It's very frustrating to have something like that happen.

This is also a reason why, for now, we have decided against any form of advertising in the mag, so that there can be no misunderstanding about the fact that our loyalty definitely lies with our readers.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:06 PM   #4
Piggie
macrumors 603

I don't wish to be picky, but when I buy a iPad Magazine I'd like to only read about iPad games.

I read about Moonsters and though it looked interesting, but when I went to the app store I find it's only an iPhone game.

I'm sure there are many many iPhone gaming magazines if you want to explore the world of iPhone/Touch gaming, and It would be nice to only have iPad games in the specific iPad magazine, otherwise I don't see the point in it being an iPad magazine.

Don't know what others feel about this.
Piggie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2010, 02:14 PM   #5
SlideForthMedia
macrumors newbie

You are absolutely right, I can only agree with you. The thing is that when we started production on this mag, quite a few months ago, we had the idea to sell the mag both on iPad and on iPhone, as well as a pdf version that you could read on your computer. So we had quite a lot of content done already when we decided to make the mag iPad only. Since quite a few people also play iPhone games on their iPad, we decided to leave them in, but with every intention to make the next issue really iPad only.

So, starting from the next issue, there will be reviews of just iPad games, with a small roundup of the most interesting iPhone titles in the back of the mag.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Tags
ipad gaming, magazines