View Poll Results: Which Color?
Brown 5 31.25%
Black 11 68.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:44 PM   #1
solaris7
macrumors regular

Yoobao Slim Case: Brown or Black?

So which color did you guys buy and why?
solaris7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2010, 01:21 PM   #2
Beau10
macrumors 6502a

My girlfriend has the brown one, I have the black.

I actually like the brown one quite a bit - it's a lighter reddish brown in person. I probably would have bought it if my girlfriend hadn't bought hers first (silly issue - just wanted a way to easily tell which was which). The contrast stitching of the black looks silly and I quickly dyed it with shoe polish.

Generally with tech stuff in the business world people tend to prefer black. Full disclosure - I'm a denizen of StyleForum where black is anathema for fine leather goods... bags, shoes, belts, coats, etc, (connotation - black is too conservative/boring/no imagination) so given the choice I tend to pick brown. I now rock a Vaja Agenda 2 in dark brown.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 07:09 PM   #3
Nhwhazup
macrumors 6502a

I have both and really like the Yoobao slim so well I would purchase in another color if they had more. For me the black is perfect. I really like the brandy color of the brown but my brown one bunches just a tad where the fold is. The black has a wider fold so no bunching.
Nhwhazup is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 10:45 PM   #4
Beau10
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhwhazup View Post
I have both and really like the Yoobao slim so well I would purchase in another color if they had more. For me the black is perfect. I really like the brandy color of the brown but my brown one bunches just a tad where the fold is. The black has a wider fold so no bunching.
We have the opposite problem - my black shows something bunching around the fold. My girlfriend's brown case is fine though. I think it's just a random batch variation and not related to color.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:15 AM   #5
mcdj
macrumors 604

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

I bought black because I like it better. Great poll.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories