Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Nov 15, 2010, 08:54 PM   #51
m3coolpix
macrumors 6502a

I use the Aqwoah winterboad theme.

If I use the mini icons, then NP+ uses the default Apple (or stock) icons (but small) for lock screen notifications.

If I use the large icons, then NP+ uses the regular winterboard icons for those apps on the lock screen.

I've set it up to watch 8 different apps for notifications. Works well.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 09:27 PM   #52
B737
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3coolpix View Post
I've set it up to watch 8 different apps for notifications. Works well.
do you mean you just added messenger apps for it to watch?
or did you set up N+ to watch other apps for notifications, like Weather Apps that will push notifications?

if you got it to watch other apps, like LockInfo does id be interested in hearing how...
B737 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:46 PM   #53
genetic
macrumors 6502

does this app use alot of memory? any noticeable slow downs of any kind? this app looks amazing
genetic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 06:55 AM   #54
m3coolpix
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
do you mean you just added messenger apps for it to watch?
or did you set up N+ to watch other apps for notifications, like Weather Apps that will push notifications?

if you got it to watch other apps, like LockInfo does id be interested in hearing how...
I set it up to alert on the standard apps, Mail, SMS, and VoiceMail/Missed Calls.

But, I've also got it watching (and working) to alert on....Paypal, Pocket Informant, TextNow, Words with Friends, Weather Alert USA. Each of those were setup as MMS under the 'Settings', then 'Manage IM Support'. All you do is add the bundle identifier of the app you wish to watch, and it starts working. You can find the bundle identifier in the info.plist that is used by each app.

Attached is a screen shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0020.PNG
Views:	34
Size:	710.1 KB
ID:	260467  
Old Nov 16, 2010, 06:57 AM   #55
B737
macrumors 6502a

Nice work M3! Thank you.

I'm figuring SSH into the phone to add the bundle identifier, where inside of N+ do I add it?

@Genetic, I use N+ w lockinfo, under my anecdotal research I found it uses about 40 Meg of system memory on my iPhone 4. YMMV...
B737 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:09 AM   #56
m3coolpix
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by genetic View Post
does this app use alot of memory? any noticeable slow downs of any kind? this app looks amazing
I've been using Notifier since it's release a couple years ago (gave it up reluctantly to move to iOS 4, but now it's working great again after being updated). Relies on mobilesubstrate, so there is little memory hit (somewhat noticeable when I was using it on the 3g or 3gs, but not on the iP4).

Quote:
Nice work M3! Thank you.

I'm figuring SSH into the phone to add the bundle identifier, where inside of N+ do I add it?
Quote:
Each of those were setup as MMS under the 'Settings', then 'Manage IM Support'. All you do is add the bundle identifier of the app you wish to watch, and it starts working. You can find the bundle identifier in the info.plist that is used by each app.
To set this up I only used iFile and Notifier+. iFile to browse to the app folder that I wanted to alert on, then open the info.plist file in that app folder to find the bundle identifier. Then the above procedure to set it up inside of Notifier+. I don't have the status bar update on the extra apps I watch (added under the Manage IM Support), as I couldn't tell which one is putting the alert up there. No big deal.

I added TextNow as an SMS app, as I hardly use the built in SMS app. Notifier+ will show that icon on the status bar, so I know one of the two set it.

Hope that helps.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:15 AM   #57
m3coolpix
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
@Genetic, I use N+ w lockinfo, under my anecdotal research I found it uses about 40 Meg of system memory on my iPhone 4. YMMV...
I'm only relying on what SBSettings app is telling me with what memory I have free. It always hovers around 350 mb after a hard reboot (not respring), both before and after I installed Notifier+, so my answer above may be in the dark a bit if there is a better way to monitor memory (I don't 'much').

I don't use LockInfo (FWIW).
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:38 AM   #58
gnychis
macrumors 6502

hmmm this doesn't look that great on the lock screen
gnychis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2010, 02:46 PM   #59
Jupex
macrumors newbie

I wish I could move then icons position from top to bottom. Thatway I could use lockinfo HTC clock / weather. otherwise looking great.
Jupex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 12:07 PM   #60
oturn
macrumors newbie

I just purchased Notifier+ for my Verizon iPhone. Everything seems to work except for repeating vibrating alerts (while in vibrate mode). Does this work for everyone else?
oturn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2011, 12:37 PM   #61
Staindsoul
macrumors 6502

I have notifier installed on my iPhone4 but cant get any icons to show up in the status bar. I am running 4.2.1 Anyone know a fix to this?
Staindsoul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:00 AM   #62
user843
macrumors newbie

Manual for Notifier+

I purchased Notifier+ yesterday. The status and lockscreen icons all seem to work fine but the alert repeating is sporadic. I am assuming "Repeat Mode" means how many times to repeat the alert and that "Time Interval" refers to the amount of minutes to wait between alerts. Am I correct?
user843 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 06:41 PM   #63
Staindsoul
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by user843 View Post
I purchased Notifier+ yesterday. The status and lockscreen icons all seem to work fine but the alert repeating is sporadic. I am assuming "Repeat Mode" means how many times to repeat the alert and that "Time Interval" refers to the amount of minutes to wait between alerts. Am I correct?
What iPhone are you using?
Staindsoul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 11:33 PM   #64
user843
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staindsoul View Post
What iPhone are you using?
I am using the Verizon iPhone 4
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:01 AM   #65
laz305
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to laz305 Send a message via MSN to laz305 Send a message via Yahoo to laz305
this app is awesome a must have thx
laz305 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:08 AM   #66
laz305
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to laz305 Send a message via MSN to laz305 Send a message via Yahoo to laz305
Quote:
Originally Posted by user843 View Post
that is correct set repeat mode how many times you want it to notify you (i set infinite) and time interval of how many minutes you want it to remind you audibly.
laz305 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2011, 01:39 PM   #67
user843
macrumors newbie

Do repeat notifications include vibrate

Notifier+ seems to be working fine however repeat notification do not vibrate, they only repeat the sound. Is this by design? I sometimes have my ringer off and would still like to be able to get repeat vibrate notifications.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 02:37 PM   #68
jermy4
macrumors member

Does anyone have the repeating alerts working in 4.2.1? I'm trying to setup repeat alerts for boxcar using notifier+ but when I type in the bundle identifier for boxcar it says it didn't find the app. If I say add anyways it doesn't work.

This is what I put in for the bundle ID: net.jdg.Boxcar (this was in the info.plist for boxcar)
jermy4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 04:45 AM   #69
buzzluck
macrumors newbie

Exclamation

my bitesms small icon is smaller than the call icon, anyone know how can i fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0540.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	442.1 KB
ID:	286461  
buzzluck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 12:58 AM   #70
applefanatics
macrumors newbie

Quote:
To set this up I only used iFile and Notifier+. iFile to browse to the app folder that I wanted to alert on, then open the info.plist file in that app folder to find the bundle identifier. Then the above procedure to set it up inside of Notifier+. I don't have the status bar update on the extra apps I watch (added under the Manage IM Support), as I couldn't tell which one is putting the alert up there. No big deal.

I added TextNow as an SMS app, as I hardly use the built in SMS app. Notifier+ will show that icon on the status bar, so I know one of the two set it.

Hope that helps.
I followed your steps and placed the bundle identifier into the notifier+ but it keeps on saying "could not validate this name to any applications installed. What would you like to do? Dismiss or Just add it" and I tried clicking "just add it" but then i never received the notifications.
applefanatics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:22 AM   #71
m3coolpix
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by applefanatics View Post
I followed your steps and placed the bundle identifier into the notifier+ but it keeps on saying "could not validate this name to any applications installed. What would you like to do? Dismiss or Just add it" and I tried clicking "just add it" but then i never received the notifications.
Might need to respring or reboot.....

That seems to be a needed step for me to make the notifications work.

I've got a couple non standard apps using the notifications, TextFree, Paypal, and Billminder are just a few.

If you still have issues, reply back, it may be a particular setting inside the app issue.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:31 PM   #72
applefanatics
macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help m3coolpix! Everything is working now, only problem is I can't seem to figure out how to get the notifications to use the "flash" option. I got it to work once, but now it doesn't flash anymore....

And how did you get your icons to look so nice on the lockscren?
applefanatics is offline   -2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 01:34 PM   #73
applefanatics
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Might need to respring or reboot.....

That seems to be a needed step for me to make the notifications work.

I've got a couple non standard apps using the notifications, TextFree, Paypal, and Billminder are just a few.

If you still have issues, reply back, it may be a particular setting inside the app issue.
Thanks for your help m3coolpix! Everything is working now, only problem is I can't seem to figure out how to get the notifications to use the "flash" option. I got it to work once, but now it doesn't flash anymore....

And how did you get your icons to look so nice on the lockscren?
applefanatics is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 08:00 PM   #74
JasonSmith2020
macrumors newbie

One of the best apps

Just bought it a few days ago. I was looking for a repeating alert for pending events (mainly, calls not answered and SMSs not read) for ages and couldn't find any. The simplest, chippest Nokia had it from day 1 probably. Anyways, I HIGHLY recommend it. Thanks to the developer!
JasonSmith2020 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2012, 03:29 AM   #75
flow87
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzluck View Post
my bitesms small icon is smaller than the call icon, anyone know how can i fix it?
Hello,
I'm an absolute newb in iPhone stuff. How do I create such a lock screen like you?

Analog clock, weather symbol, ...
flow87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks