Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Nov 7, 2010, 05:11 PM   #1
filfortugno
macrumors regular

Unhappy Macbook pro 15" i7 problems, need some help.

Hey guys, i recently tried to partition my HDD so that i could install windows 7 but was unable to do so(using both bootcamp and disk utility). The HDD appears to be ok according to disk utility and single user mode disk check. I also tried popping in the mac OS x install DVD in order to boot from it and repair or possibly erase and start fresh.However, when i do the computer wont start and is stuck at the white screen with the greyish apple logo and wont go past that point. I have some experience with mac troubleshooting but this has me stumped.
So if anyone has any ideas on how i can fix this partitioning problem or ideas as to why i can't boot from the dvd i would really appreciate it if you shared your wisdom with me. Thanks a lot.

P.S. I would like to keep "going to see a genius" a very last resort.
filfortugno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2010, 06:44 PM   #2
applepearpp
macrumors regular

use your snow leopard disk to boot. do a clean install -- only the system files will be reinstalled, and your data will be there, so no worry.
applepearpp is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Tags
boot, mac os x dvd, macbook pro i7, partition, problem