Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chormadito

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2010
Hi, I was wondering does anyone know where to get an "htc clock with weather widget" that works with the iphone 4? I know there are some out there, but they are for the 3g. I just need the widget itself nothing else. I would appreciate any recommendations!

Is there one that will work without using ssh?

Thanks

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
I actually just downloaded and installed "Sense Lock Screen Theme" last night on my 3GS, but since it was just released yesterday, I'm fairly certain it's Retina-ready.

After having a little trouble with the weather, I emailed the developer and he responded very quickly and said there was actually a problem with the initial release (which I got) and he'd already submitted an upgrade to Cydia to fix it. The upgrade appeared today and after installing it, it works perfectly.

I really credit the developer for responding so quickly and for admitting that it wasn't something I was doing wrong in regards to the weather, but something he'd messed up and fixed quickly. Top-notch!

Here's a screen shot of my 3GS. You can choose whatever wallpaper you want, just remember to respring afterward and it'll appear. I really like it. It's a lot like the HTC Clock plugin for LockInfo, but seems a bit cleaner and the clock is actually a bit bigger, which I like.

ddade2dd.jpg

RC83

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Bay Area, CA
That looks awesome! I just installed on my ip4 does not look to be retina, and weather is not showing. But I like it.. How do you find the update, or get the weather working?

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
If you use iFile, and go into the Sense LS [whatever color you're using in these brackets], there's a file called Setup Instructions. You'll have to have "File:// for MobileSafari" installed (it tells you what you need in the instructions), and you open the link they provide in Safari for the setup of the weather and location.

It's a little tricky, but if you know what you're doing, it isn't hard.

RC83

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Thanks man, got it now.. But it seems as all my retina wallpapers are stretched on the lock screen now. So I just have a plain color background for now, I'm guessing once it's retina able it will be fine?

fleeper

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
Is there a descent one you can just download and install from cydia without using ifile?

With ifile you have to hook the phone up to the pc correct? And navigate to the place you are trying to get into?

lgreenberg

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2010
Chester Springs, PA
Where did you get the slider that you're also using? The Sense theme I download only has the widget.

fleeper - no you don't need to be connected. file:// allows you to use Safari on the iPhone to edit the files.

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
I will suggest my own theme, the widget only version of it. It's fully optimised for the iPhone 4 retina screen and allows for your own backgrounds and sliders.

To install:

It requires you to use SSH as I have not submitted the theme to Cydia (yet?). It's a gorgeous widget though, here's an example of it running with the default wallpaper and slider:

fleeper

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
Where did you get the slider that you're also using? The Sense theme I download only has the widget.

fleeper - no you don't need to be connected. file:// allows you to use Safari on the iPhone to edit the files.

Cool thanks.

fleeper

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
Do you need to be running a winterboard theme to have this work or can you use it with just the standard background?

lgreenberg

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2010
Chester Springs, PA
I've tested them both and while I think this one looks the best it's not HD and messes with the wallpaper too much on the iPhone 4.

I do want that Nexus One slider though - where's it from?

TtheB

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
I will suggest my own theme, the widget only version of it. It's fully optimised for the iPhone 4 retina screen and allows for your own backgrounds and sliders.

To install:

It requires you to use SSH as I have not submitted the theme to Cydia (yet?). It's a gorgeous widget though, here's an example of it running with the default wallpaper and slider:

this looks awesome, how do i edit the weather location?

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Do you need to be running a winterboard theme to have this work or can you use it with just the standard background?

Yes, it's a Winterboard theme. And you can use your own wallpapers on the lock screen. Just respring after you set it and when the springboard restarts, the wallpaper will be set.

I installed it but I still have my other time on the screen too. How can I get rid of that?

You need to install Lockscreen Clock Hide from Cydia. That should cure it.

I do want that Nexus One slider though - where's it from?

Here's a couple of screen shots that might help.

This is from the details on Cydia for this theme. It appears the slider comes from the "Monster Droid" theme.

3098e242.jpg

And this is a little hard to read, but it's the setup instructions. If you look at the top, it tells you what you need to have installed to get the theme functioning correctly.

2d66de45.jpg

TtheB

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
Thanks! it looks awesome, been waiting for a hd android lock for awhile. is there any way of getting the weather to set to my location?

Orion126

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010

To install:

Oh I hope this works! I currently use HTC Beach Lockscreen and it's nice but I hate that I can't use my own lock screen background. I'll install this when I get home.

andy9l

macrumors 68000
Aug 31, 2009
England, UK
to you sorry! excellent work man

No problem, was just a little confused! Have you got my AndroiHD theme, or widget, of your choice installed and running? If not, do you know how to connect to your iPhone via SSH?

Oh I hope this works! I currently use HTC Beach Lockscreen and it's nice but I hate that I can't use my own lock screen background. I'll install this when I get home.

I assure you it works, please follow the AndroiHD thread and pay attention to the install instructions on the official theme page on my website (link available in the AndroiHD thread). You have a choice of Lockscreen, Homescreen, Lockscreen Widget Only and Homescreen Widget Only - make sure you follow the appropriate instructions (they're very similar but widget only versions are shorter).

TtheB

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
No problem, was just a little confused! Have you got my AndroiHD theme, or widget, of your choice installed and running? If not, do you know how to connect to your iPhone via SSH?.

Yea i've got the widget running with correct weather, looks great. Thanks for the offer!

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Hey andy thanks for uploading
Looks great
One prob with mine tho, Its stretching my wallpapers
Any idea why?

Using iPhone 4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.