Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KAphoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2010
I'm a fairly new imac user and i have a linksys wrt160n wireless router. i can get it connected to where it is giving off a wireless signal and the airport indicates its at full strength and connected to my wireless network but when i open safari it just gives me a blank white page and the blue highlight doesnt move anywhere. when i open system preferences the airport has a green dot next to it and says its connected. if anyone can help i think i've done all i know how to do.

djtofu

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2009
Have you tried a different router? I've had a Linksys WRT-160N before and it was total crap. Have you tried to hardwire your iMac to the router and see if that works?

RRmalvado

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2010
Before trying a different router, have you tried unplugging the router for a minute and then powering it on again?

I have the same router and I have to do this once every 4 months or so.

TMRaven

macrumors 68020
Nov 5, 2009
In situations like that, it's usually solved by a reboot of the modem, router and computer all at once. To reboot the modem and router, just unplug their power cords and then put them back in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.