|Nov 9, 2010, 02:24 PM||#1|
new mba. how do you transfer music from iphone to mba
hi. i just bought a new macbook air. i would like to sync all my music from my iphone4 to itunes on my mba. can i do this? and if so.. how?
|Nov 9, 2010, 02:56 PM||#2|
Well there is one tricky way: It involves modifying your iTunes library xml file on the MBA. You see, the iPhone wont let you sync your music to any computer die to copyright reasons. So you have to trick the iPhone into thinking that the new MBA is actually your original computer. And this is done by the library ID type thing in the xml file. If you want to know how to do this, then just ask and i'll write up a small guide showing how its done. Its quick and simple.
|Nov 9, 2010, 03:34 PM||#4|
Ok sure. the steps below will outline a breif guide of how to do it.
1. Navigate to the folder Machintosh HD/Users/[your username]Music/iTunes/ on your old mac which you synced your iPhone with.
2. You will see an xml file in their called iTunes Music Library.xml (or similar)
3. Open it using TextEdit.
4. Search the file for the text: "<key>Library Persistent ID</key>" without the quotes.
5. Right next to this you will see an ID number made from letters and numbers. Make a note of this number.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 on your new MBA.
7. The Id will be different to that of the old mac, so delete the ID and replace it with the exact ID from your old mac.
8. Save the file and close/reopen iTunes. Your iPhone should be fully sync able between both computers now.
I used this method when i wanted an identical music library on two computers and also be able to sync music and manage my iPhone from each one. It works wonders.
Hope it helps, and any problems just ask i'll try and help.
|Nov 9, 2010, 03:43 PM||#5|
You could also use PhoneView to do this. It lets you attach to your phone like it's a hard disk and you can copy off the music.
2011 15" i7 160GB Intel SSD 320 and 640GB Optibay
2010 MBA 13.3" 4GB 128GB Flash, 2010 Mini C2D 2.4, 2009 Mini Server
2008 Mac Pro 2 x 3.0
iPhone 5 32GB Black; RiPad 32GB Wifi; 2 x ATV 2.0
|iphone, itunes, sync|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How do you transfer songs from Ipod to new imac?||rxl125||iPod||8||Mar 9, 2014 10:15 PM|
|How do I transfer music from an external hard drive on to my computer?||MJNBGA||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||6||Sep 3, 2013 12:42 AM|
|How do you transfer music from your iPod Touch to your computer or iTunes?||musicbanshee||iPod||4||Dec 30, 2009 01:46 AM|
|How do I transfer music from iPod to Mac OS X?||EM87||OS X||6||Dec 6, 2006 07:49 PM|
|How do i transfer music from PC to Ibook?||CaptainCaveMann||Mac Applications and Mac App Store||19||Mar 7, 2005 07:37 AM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.