Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 9, 2010, 06:39 PM   #1
ewooden
macrumors newbie

Question G5 lcd display connector pins broken

Im trying to rebuild a 20inch g5 imac. While replacing the bezel today i removed the screen and broke the pins that connect the connector from the motherboard. Can this be repaired or must I purchase a new screen?
ewooden is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2010, 07:31 PM   #2
bizzle
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewooden View Post
Im trying to rebuild a 20inch g5 imac. While replacing the bezel today i removed the screen and broke the pins that connect the connector from the motherboard. Can this be repaired or must I purchase a new screen?
You can buy a new LVDS cable. What kind of iMac G5 are we talking about? One with iSight or without?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs