Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:18 AM   #1
illern
macrumors newbie

Flight Simulator X on iMac i7?

Hi there!
Was wondering if I could trouble you and ask for some expertise…

I've bought a brand new iMac 11,3 Intel Core i7 (27", 2,96 GHz, Quad core, 8 GB memory, ATI Radeon HD5750) and via BootCamp installed Windows 7 64-bit in order to run Flight Simulator X….
Now, the game's graphics isn't at all as astonishing as one would expect, but some internet research reveals that
a) some people have similar problems
b) some people has managed to solve their problems, rendering quite a killer FSX-computer.

For example:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1017113
http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=15376 (French site - Google translate is recommended - they seem to have all the answers though - or?)

Unfortunately I'm not a skilled computer-engineer, nor an experienced gamer, but just a simple aviator and I therefor do not understand expressions like "vsync forced on the ATI-card" etc.

NOW FOR THE ACTUAL QUESTION: To all of you who has succeeded (or to you who understand their language) - What specifically do I need to do to be able to max out the graphic settings in FSX on my imac?

Gigantic thanks in advance!
(The G-suit is starting to get really really warm to stroll around with down on the ground - I need some takeoff soon!)
illern is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:14 AM   #2
flymacscruffy
macrumors newbie

Flight Simulator

I keep reading about users who have installed Windows 7 and Microsoft Flight simulators successfully. Would someone contact me who has an operating system like that.
flymacscruffy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:48 AM   #3
illern
macrumors newbie

Success

Updating FSX to Service Pack 2, along with updating BootCamp and Windows to the latest releases solved my problems. The game's flowing nicely now, although when I installed Ultimate Traffic add-on it slowed down again...
illern is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2010, 08:49 AM   #4
dimme
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by illern View Post
Updating FSX to Service Pack 2, along with updating BootCamp and Windows to the latest releases solved my problems. The game's flowing nicely now, although when I installed Ultimate Traffic add-on it slowed down again...
For traffic try this...
http://www.world-of-ai.com/
I bit of a pain to setup but once running it does not slow the system down.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Tags
flight simulator, fsx, imac, intel core i7